Nugget Shooter Forums

Arizona prospecting clubs

tomleft

I live in Arizona and only want to prospect in Arizona. Which club would be best for me GPAA lifetime or Roadrunner club lifetime or is there another choice??? thanks in advance, Tom

I can't speak to either of those clubs but I can speak to the Desert Gold Diggers down south. As a new to prospecting person, the outings that the club has every month were very informative to me when I started this hobby. The monthly meetings were hoaky but cool. The thing about joining a club is access to claims.. prospecting ground. Where do you want to go? I think Arizona is 113,998 square miles.

Tom:

Both are good clubs. Both have good claims close to PHX. IE: Little San Domingo and  Bumble bee, also up higher around Prescott so when it gets hot down here, you can go up there.  Take a look at both of them and try and figure out what works for you as far as the meetings/club events and such.

There is also LDMA that has claims here.

Good luck to ya.

Tom H.

• Like 2

Tom, both are good clubs. Roadrunner has +/- 250 well tended claims and is a pretty avid prospecting club. GPAA only has around 100 or so claims. GPAP has several claims and seems to be a fairly active social group. Don't know to much about LDMA.

Go to their meetings and check them out. They are all good, it just comes down to who you like best.

Jim

• Like 3

If you ever plan on going outside AZ, then GPAA; Roadrunners is only AZ.  I don't recommend the GPAA lifetime membership although the Lifetime membership for $1500 with a Minelab Eureka Gold thrown in sounds like a good deal.  If you go year to year at some point you you'll realize how to go to unclaimed land and file your own claims and won't need either.

I am a GPAA member and nearly also joined Roadrunner.  Now I have access to a lot of unclaimed land, some private claims, and a claim of my own, so I'm staying away from the Roadrunenrs.

Tom H is right about attending both meetings.  They used to meet at the Italian Club, but the website will say where they meet now.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the tips !

On 5/12/2017 at 4:42 PM, tomleft said:

I live in Arizona and only want to prospect in Arizona. Which club would be best for me GPAA lifetime or Roadrunner club lifetime or is there another choice??? thanks in advance, Tom

Roadrunner is very good http://roadrunnergold.com/ also the GPAA is a good choice and has several very active Arizona Chapters that do allot of outings, lots of members of both clubs here. http://www.goldprospectors.org/  There are also some smaller localized clubs depending on where you live. 

I have always recommended joining a club to folks  especially as a learning tool, not likely a person will hit it big on a club claim, but you will find gold and more importantly you can educate yourself as to how and where to find gold in Arizona as well as meet some good folks often willing to give you a point or even pointy finger :yesss:

• Like 4