Nugget Shooter Forums

A couple for 8.8 grains

LukeJ

Hey All....   :D

With all you guys posting your recent finds, I decided to go out and find some gold of my own.

I went out last night for a full moon hunt.  Started off exploring some new areas, but ended up in a hammered gully that I like to call the 'Roadside Patch'. 

I've taken a few out of there in the past, and by the looks of the place, it's been worked pretty good with rock throws on each side of the gully.  Because it's been hunted by myself and others,  there's very little trash left, so when you get a signal, there's a good chance it's what you're looking for.

This time around, I chose a spot where the gully crosses the road and flows over some exposed bedrock before dropping a foot or so and then turning and widening out.  I used my Burro pick to clear the first few inches of rocks and gravel away and was just able to get a break in the threshold.  A little more digging and the larger nugget on the top came to the surface.  :yesss:

After finding the first one, I just expanded the scraped area to about 4'x4' and got another signal.  Two targets in the hole this time.  The second nugget was found first and then a large piece of lead (.38 cal) was also in the hole.  With the bullet being so much larger than the nugget, I'm thinking that I detected the bullet and the nugget just happened to be there too....  ??? 

Anyways, it seems the lead, led me to the gold.  :4chsmu1:

No more to be found last night, but it's good to know that when you think a place has been picked over, there's still some gold hiding somewhere.

Good luck out there.

Luke

20170511_115418 (2).jpg

Dang!! Nice :)

You and your midnight hunts.

WTG on them, nice size.:yesss:

Tom H.

Very nice :thumbsupanim I need to get out soon myself-I havent been out in a long while-been busy at home and work :cry2:Mike C...:200:

Very nice. Good job on the nugs Luke. 

Nice work Luke!  I love the moonlight nuggets.

Let me seeeee, about 2-weeks ago when I was down swing'n in the desert During the Day time, I killed no-less-than 6 scorpions that where cohabitating underneath boulders(large rocks) in a wash.  I would no more than move the boulder and these stupid little arachnids would either scramble out toward me, or jump back prepared to sling that stinger at me.  I, as a result of being stung on my  little finger when I was about 8 or 10 have a "0"-tolarance for them, and my response time is very impulsive as I smash them into the ground.  I guess my question is:  considering that I killed that many during a day time couple hour period, and considering nighttime is when they are the most active in search for food,...  How many did you kill moving large rocks?;  How many where moving around close to you without your knowledge?;  How many may have crawled up you pant leg, or onto or into your backpack or other equipment???  Just Curious :200:   Very Nice Nuggets by the way...  Gary

Thanks for the kind words fellas.  :4chsmu1:

5 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

Let me seeeee, about 2-weeks ago when I was down swing'n in the desert During the Day time, I killed no-less-than 6 scorpions that where cohabitating underneath boulders(large rocks) in a wash.  I would no more than move the boulder and these stupid little arachnids would either scramble out toward me, or jump back prepared to sling that stinger at me.  I, as a result of being stung on my  little finger when I was about 8 or 10 have a "0"-tolarance for them, and my response time is very impulsive as I smash them into the ground.  I guess my question is:  considering that I killed that many during a day time couple hour period, and considering nighttime is when they are the most active in search for food,...  How many did you kill moving large rocks?;  How many where moving around close to you without your knowledge?;  How many may have crawled up you pant leg, or onto or into your backpack or other equipment???  Just Curious :200:   Very Nice Nuggets by the way...  Gary

Who said I was in the desert ???  :shhhhh:

6 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

How many did you kill moving large rocks?;  How many where moving around close to you without your knowledge?;  How many may have crawled up you pant leg, or onto or into your backpack or other equipment???  .  Gary

Paranoia is everything!   :D

Thanks Mitchel. 

It was the camera on my Galaxy 3.   :old:

Luke

21 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Thanks for the kind words fellas.  :4chsmu1:

Who said I was in the desert ???  :shhhhh:

You must have been in the Alpine Patch up on the Peaks. I thought I had cleaned that patch out!

Nice work as usual!

Dean

Archived