Nugget Shooter Forums

2 for 2.5 grams

TomH

Hey all:
   Went out today with Dave and Dad to my UBER secret wash :) Did a lot of hillside hunting trying to find where the gold may have been coming from but to no avail.

I went back down into the main wash and got the 1.5 grammer at 10 inches on the bedrock. The 1 grammer was 50 or so yards below it and  was only about 2 inches deep in the gravel. (Love how monsoons floods throw gold around!) It was a perfect day for detecting. Nice and cool and the good Lord blessed us with some gold! :yesss:

I had been over the area I found the 1.5 in about 10 times with my Coiltek 9x14. Was using the EVO 13x17 today and it made the difference.  Only dug 40 ironstones to get these little buggers:th:

Good times.

Tom H.

nugs.jpg

• Like 10

Yeah !!  :thumbsupanim

Those are a couple of really nice nuggets.  :yesss:

WTG Tom !!

Luke

• Like 1

Awh come-on Tom,...  Invite me down to your spot,....   I wanna Play Too!!!  I'll share with ya,:4chsmu1: ---I am sure you would like to have a good spot up here in the cool pines around Prescott this summer when it gets "hotter-than-the-hinges-of-hates" down there.:evil1:  NICE LOOKING NUGGETS,.. you really aught to clean them up a bit though, and get all that nasty looking black grunge off of them.  Nuggets up here are butter-yellow usually. :thumbsupanim  Gary 

• Like 1

Different wash but close....I remember that day! We all found some. GREAT day for sure :)
Tom H.

They've got character, Tom.  I love them just the way they are.  Very nice nuggets!

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 1:23 PM, boulder dash said:

Good going Tom, remember when I found that half gram sunbaker by eye sight there. Those were good times.

I've said it before and I'll keep right on saying it: There is something unique and kozmik associated only with sun baker finds (besides meaning one is watching where one is walking, or looking at least, that is..) Doesn't matter if it's a meteorite like one of Mike's recent finds, a gold nug like either adam or BD came upon while doing field research year-before-last for adam's ICMJ article about cold-weather-in-water-detecting, a precious / semi-precious gem stone or even a paper money find 'in the wild' (while a bar room floor find, or any other floor find for that matter, is always nice, it's neither kozmik nor particularly unique, much less both,) there's an aura surrounding finds of this type not noticeable with a typical find -- most likely because that feeling isn't there to begin with..

Hmmm, mebbie I should start a thread about one's best sun baker find.. I bet there's some purt good stories out there that've just been waiting for an opportunity to be shared.. :D

Swamp