Nugget Shooter Forums

Stewart Valley

I was given the opportunity to hang out with some pretty cool people over the weekend. I was fortunate enough to be invited to a military veteran meteorite hunt at Stewart Valley. Thank you so much to Dolan Dave, Jim Wooddell, Roy Miller and Bob Verish for sharing your experience with all the new comers to meteorite hunting. I was thrilled to be with you guys and to find three small H6 meteorites. Granger Legacy cooked up some outstanding meals too! Great trip with some wonderful people!

IMG_0001.JPG

• Like 11

Thanks Eric,

Very nice to meet you in person, see old faces, and meet new ones. That long thin piece you found is awesome looking, nice crust on it, congrats on good pieces found.

Dave

Edited by DolanDave
  • Like 3

Same here. Nice to see everyone again and meet some new folks too. Had a great time. Here's a few pics of the 29 grammer I found. 

IMG_7910.PNG

IMG_7911.PNG

IMG_7912.PNG

IMG_7913.PNG

IMG_7914.PNG

IMG_7915.PNG

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Roy, that is the nicest piece of StV I have seen come out of the field. Nice work my friend. I have a friend whose son wants to go and find one and is really into space stuff. He's 10 or 11 and already has the 'bug'. Lol.

• Like 1