Nugget Shooter Forums

iDrywash

Alwaysdirty

I got the chance to go out for a full day of drywashing late last week and managed to scrape up .7 of a gram. I backpacked in the 140 and all my gear including three gallons of water, after getting going I was able to run 31 buckets of dirt for the day, this included 1 bucket of bedrock vacuumed dirt. I exposed 5-6' of bedrock. I had higher hopes for the cleanup but I had some problems with the drywasher that I think caused me to lose a lot of gold. Just days before heading out I had replaced my drywasher cloth, I used a material that was not nearly restrictive enough and caused tons of air to blow out the first and last riffles of the tray, playing with the tray slope I was able to get it equally blowing from the first and last riffles but just could not no matter what get the entire tray equally flowing. The rest of the tray was just not getting enough air but the top and  bottom where hurricanes! Even at almost idle on the blower I would get big blowouts clearing the first riffle if the tray wasn't overloaded with material :grr01:, this also did not allow for good vibrating action with such a low blower speed,so I tried to run dirt through a couple times. It was tough keeping things moving and making sure the tray was somewhat evenly flowing then the chute clogs up while I'm looking at something else and poof another blowout!:2mo5pow: 

But I still had a ton of fun and learned a bunch as usual, eventually I'll get it dialed in!

0421171419c.jpg

0421171917b.jpg

• Like 9

9 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

Why don't you use my rotating tub. Won't be using it until July anyway. Pickup and bring back in July and buy the gold you get.

I like the tub for sampling. I dont think I could run as many buckets in one day as the 140 once its setup right though. Seems like it would take longer to process each bucket. I really like the simple design though and plan on making one.

1 hour ago, devilishjim said:

Get the right cloth on your drywasher and go back and run your tailings, should be easy shoveling and probably get another .7

Plans in the works! New cloth will be here this week, I brought some buckets of dirt home to test the new cloth out on instead of in the field. Already got a full day of drywashing approved with the wifey for two Sundays from now. :yesss:

• Like 1

looks good!

Based on the size of most that recovery under gale-force conditions, I can't wait to see what you'll be pulling with proper weave size & dialed in..! Not only will you have nugglets but you'll also have Au that requires a microscope rather than a loupe..! Now that's what I call capturing the fines..! :yesss:

Swamp

Nice haul Shay...   :thumbsupanim

You really earned it !!

Take it easy.....   :4chsmu1:

Luke

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 9:50 PM, Alwaysdirty said:

I got the chance to go out for a full day of drywashing late last week and managed to scrape up .7 of a gram. I backpacked in the 140 and all my gear including three gallons of water, after getting going I was able to run 31 buckets of dirt for the day, this included 1 bucket of bedrock vacuumed dirt. I exposed 5-6' of bedrock. I had higher hopes for the cleanup but I had some problems with the drywasher that I think caused me to lose a lot of gold. Just days before heading out I had replaced my drywasher cloth, I used a material that was not nearly restrictive enough and caused tons of air to blow out the first and last riffles of the tray, playing with the tray slope I was able to get it equally blowing from the first and last riffles but just could not no matter what get the entire tray equally flowing. The rest of the tray was just not getting enough air but the top and  bottom where hurricanes! Even at almost idle on the blower I would get big blowouts clearing the first riffle if the tray wasn't overloaded with material :grr01:, this also did not allow for good vibrating action with such a low blower speed,so I tried to run dirt through a couple times. It was tough keeping things moving and making sure the tray was somewhat evenly flowing then the chute clogs up while I'm looking at something else and poof another blowout!:2mo5pow: 

But I still had a ton of fun and learned a bunch as usual, eventually I'll get it dialed in!

0421171419c.jpg

0421171917b.jpg

Nice

On 4/24/2017 at 9:57 PM, wet/dry washer said:

Why don't you use my rotating tub. Won't be using it until July anyway. Pickup and bring back in July and buy the gold you get.

Setup time less than five seconds, lightweight, breathe no dust and no classification.

WTG Shay :) Thats some small stuff there.

Git it before it gets too hot.

Tom H

• Like 2

On 4/26/2017 at 9:58 AM, wet/dry washer said:

Setup time less than five seconds, lightweight, breathe no dust and no classification.

How much material ( stated in 5 gallon buckets ) can you process per hour with this rotating tub? Have you recovered ounces of gold with it?

• Like 1

Haven't hit any good spots yet. But haven't been able to get out much in the past five years since I built this tub. Previous use a harbor freight small cement mixer without the outer drum and paddles without the motor and roller skate wheels on the drum to turn it. Did well on dry washer tailings. Feel free to stop by and take it out on a test run. Live in Charley's cabins house, next to artic dave's.