Nugget Shooter Forums

About time!!!

nugget108

Hello everyone, hope your all enjoying the spring time. It seems like every day off I have the weather turns to crud and I get stuck hanging out/working at home. Larry and I made it out today to a spot that we like to highbank and also bring dirt home to run. I've done pretty good with the Goldbug there also. While highbanking we have found a few 2 gram nuggets and some nice chunky gold. We decided to go check it out since weve been cooped up all dang winter. We took the detectors and a bunch of buckets so we can bring some dirt home. Larry grabbed the gold pan and I got the 5000 geared up and headed off checking all the piles with the new 15 inch evolution. About an hour into it, I banged this awesome 3.2 gram Chunk. It was directly under a nail about 4 more inches. I'm glad I rechecked the hole. I about fell over and Larry cussed me out lol. Not a bad first trip of the year. Take care everyone.

Dan

20170417_143559.jpg

20170417_143633.jpg

20170417_143241.jpg

20170417_141912.jpg

• Like 14

Congratulations !!   :thumbsupanim

Awesome nugget, and nice one to break in that new coil.

Keep after it...

Luke   :D

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. That coil runs nice and smooth. It doesn't really like wet dirt but once you get into the dryer stuff, it runs sooooo smooth. Damp isn't bad but right after a rain is kind of tough.

• Like 1

Haha haven't ran any through the highbanker yet Swamp. It's pouring outside. I brought home 5 buckets and larry brought home 7. We might run them tomorrow if it quits raining.

• Like 1

Nice work! I love that 15" Evo. It's a toss up for me as to weather I'm buying it or the 19" for my large coil choice. The 15" is light for a large coil and can still hit the smaller nugs too. Congratulations on scoring a beautiful nugget.

Dean

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dbado1 said:

Nice work! I love that 15" Evo. It's a toss up for me as to weather I'm buying it or the 19" for my large coil choice. The 15" is light for a large coil and can still hit the smaller nugs too. Congratulations on scoring a beautiful nugget.

Dean

Dean, 

Thank you. It sure swings nice. I thought it was going to be heavy but I can swing it for most of the day without having to hook up the bungy. Pretty happy with it.

5 minutes ago, GDM/PV said:

"Hey" Now that is what I was looking for today,...  I guess I already got those of that size out of my spot.  Nice looking nugget,... Good Job.  Gary

Thanks Gary. 

Nice score, Dan...That's a beaut! Really like those nuggies with the gold/iron schist matrix!  ... Good job! ..Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

Hey Dan ... Nice work with the EVO! You have probably found out already if you play with your settings but when you have damp or wet soil try reducing your RX Gain(Sensitivity) after you complete making all your other setting choices and then as a final adjustment adjust the stabilizer setting. Remember lowering the stabilizer setting will NOT affect the ability of the detector but will help to smooth out the threshold ... That is what it is there for ... I recommend that be the last thing to adjust before doing a final ground balance and going hunting, Try it I think you will find it will tame that EVO in the wet soil ... and you won't miss anything because now you will be able to hear it all!

Mike F

• Like 2

Awesome, thanks for the tips Mike. I did have to drop the gain a bit. That helped a lot in the wet ground. 

Dan

• Like 1

I had the same problem on the Elite 14" coil on wet ground.  Mike is definitely correct in that lowering the Rx helps immensely.

Nice GOLD!!

• Like 2

Thats a nice nugget! :yesss:  That EVO sure has made difference for me also :)
One time I detected  a 1 grammer at Lynx creek. It was under a bullet! Literally right under it. I picked up the bullet and saw yellow!
WTG on the gold!
Tom H.

• Like 5