Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Paired ones


Recommended Posts

This two are paired meteorites collected in march 2017, at a junction in shopping center,   and might have fallen recently.

Reason: shining fusion crust, metal flakes very visible, chondrules and shock veins

The third one was one metre away from the two.

DSC00120.JPG

DSC00123.JPG

DSC00665.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a good thing they landed on the cushioning, otherwise they either would've buried themselves rather deeply in the soil, or if hitting concrete / asphalt paving in that there shopping center would've gone rebounding off in who-knows-what direction, shattering and scattering along their paths of settling who-knows-where..? Great break, that..!
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

It's a good thing they landed on the cushioning, otherwise they either would've buried themselves rather deeply in the soil, or if hitting concrete / asphalt paving in that there shopping center would've gone rebounding off in who-knows-what direction, shattering and scattering along their paths of settling who-knows-where..? Great break, that..!
 

Swamp,

  If you see one hit a shopping center or ground, you might also get some good shatter cone also...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DolanDave said:

Swamp,

  If you see one hit a shopping center or ground, you might also get some good shatter cone also...

When they hit the concrete, due to the heat, pressure and friction, there can be diamonds. I think it's called 'Impact bedazzlementation' 

Chris

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those rocks shown look just as much like diamonds as they do meteorites. Perhaps they have already turned into diamonds on impact.

Jimale might have something there.

billpeters

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nanosecond formation of diamond and lonsdaleite by shock compression of graphite: 

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms10970 

Meteorites heading to Earth may contain trillions of diamonds: 

http://www.mining.com/meteorites-heading-to-earth-may-contain-trillions-of-diamonds/ 

Same as previous with a bit more info: 
Diamonds can form in outer space and fall to earth: 

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150528-the-diamonds-that-come-from-space 
 

Swamp

Edit: No doubt we get meteorites containing micro diamonds..
Methinks it would take a catastrophic event for nanosecond formation though..

Edited by Swampstomper Al
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2017 at 10:34 PM, Swampstomper Al said:

It's a good thing they landed on the cushioning, otherwise they either would've buried themselves rather deeply in the soil, or if hitting concrete / asphalt paving in that there shopping center would've gone rebounding off in who-knows-what direction, shattering and scattering along their paths of settling who-knows-where..? Great break, that..!
 

 

On 4/17/2017 at 10:34 PM, Swampstomper Al said:

It's a good thing they landed on the cushioning, otherwise they either would've buried themselves rather deeply in the soil, or if hitting concrete / asphalt paving in that there shopping center would've gone rebounding off in who-knows-what direction, shattering and scattering along their paths of settling who-knows-where..? Great break, that..!
 

The challenge was collecting these stuff,  coz ppl do not understand, them, and will regard anyone collecting such dull rocks to be an insane. I left some and in the following day, they weren't there , I suspect they buried, there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Nanosecond formation of diamond and lonsdaleite by shock compression of graphite: 

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms10970 

Meteorites heading to Earth may contain trillions of diamonds: 

http://www.mining.com/meteorites-heading-to-earth-may-contain-trillions-of-diamonds/ 

Same as previous with a bit more info: 
Diamonds can form in outer space and fall to earth: 

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150528-the-diamonds-that-come-from-space 
 

Swamp

Edit: No doubt we get meteorites containing micro diamonds..
Methinks it would take a catastrophic event for nanosecond formation though..

http://www.minsocam.org/msa/collectors_corner/arc/diamondm.htm

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jimale said:

coz ppl do not understand, them, and will regard anyone collecting such dull rocks to be an insane.

Why are you collecting such dull rocks, and why do you continue to post them in a meteorite forum?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mikestang said:

Why are you collecting such dull rocks, and why do you continue to post them in a meteorite forum?

You also collect sun or oven baked clay that don't appeal to anyone.I wonder if they are meteorites , I posted meteorites with defintion , that is internationally accepted, but , tell us maybe, if there could be an American version of meteroite ID, that is different from the rest of the world , anyone who has been following , must have realised your reckless and negative atritude with no consideration to any protocal whatsoever,  we can also behave like high school brats, that is exactly  befitting definition.

if you havent seen before, such, then learn, and swallow your pride, you have never supported your dishonest guesses with any tangible , comprehensive, guidance or fact,  therefore, try to support your opinion with facts, otherwise, you have to cope with me, and whatever I post.

Jimale

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

further , what you collect resembles exactly these one, though mine aren't weathered as such, compared to what you have, so let us give others Chance to learn,  meteorites are extraterrestrial. Yet, they resemble rocks, "dull" to other people, a point trying to drive home.

DSC00198.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jimale,

I have about 10 tonnes of that pink gravel in my yard. I could use a couple more tonnes. If you have any to spare let me know.

Gpinkcoral-2T.jpg?1364909045

Please visit the University of Nairobi Geology Department and talk to their staff. Bring all of your suspect meteorites and show them what you have got. If any are real they should classify them and the value of the rock will go up. Otherwise, please don't post any more of your rocks here until after a professional geologist has classified them.

billpeters

Edited by billpeters
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, billpeters said:

until after a professional geologist has classified them.

 

Most geologists wouldn't know a meteorite if it hit them on their head, their specialty is Earth rocks; albeit a geologist could probably tell Jimale what his rocks are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jimale said:

if you havent seen before, such, then learn, and swallow your pride, you have never supported your dishonest guesses with any tangible , comprehensive, guidance or fact,  therefore, try to support your opinion with facts, otherwise, you have to cope with me, and whatever I post.

Did you post this as a note to yourself?  You should follow what you have written.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jimale,

There have only been six meteorites recovered and recorded in Kenya over the past 200 years, five falls and one find. You have given us no indication that that number has changed.

billpeters

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jimale,

You have convinced yourself that you have found meteorites, but the only way to convince those of us here on the forum is to present us with a laboratory classification from a professional meteoriticist. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2017 at 1:20 AM, Lunk said:

Jimale,

You have convinced yourself that you have found meteorites, but the only way to convince those of us here on the forum is to present us with a laboratory classification from a professional meteoriticist. 

Am not persuading anyone, rather pleading to pple to accept  what I have, and for classification that is none issue. It doesn't appear anywhere in the forum rules. Its not a prerequisite, to do that .

On the other hand, with the exception of one post, iam yet to see, others doing the same, it's therefore inappropriate to ask me to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2017 at 0:31 AM, billpeters said:

Jimale,

There have only been six meteorites recovered and recorded in Kenya over the past 200 years, five falls and one find. You have given us no indication that that number has changed.

billpeters

 

Great! You are alluding there are a lot to be recovered from Kenya, not forgetting, Americans visiting Rumuruti town in laikipia, Turkana, and those wondering in chalbi desert in marsabit, looking for meteorites, gentleman, you should travel and stop procastinations, no bandits here, its peaceful, its only exaggerated by some selfish, egoist, individuals 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2017 at 8:14 PM, billpeters said:

Jimale,

I have about 10 tonnes of that pink gravel in my yard. I could use a couple more tonnes. If you have any to spare let me know.

Gpinkcoral-2T.jpg?1364909045

Please visit the University of Nairobi Geology Department and talk to their staff. Bring all of your suspect meteorites and show them what you have got. If any are real they should classify them and the value of the rock will go up. Otherwise, please don't post any more of your rocks here until after a professional geologist has classified them.

billpeters

Iam ready to lend these one for free for your  presentation as wrongs.

DSC00257.JPG

DSC00264.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...