Nugget Shooter Forums

Half Day Gold Hunt with a Free Pet

DolanDave

Got a text yesterday from my buddy Chris, who said dude, get your :minelab:, and lets get out there !!!! ( Well something like that , hehe !!! ) . I told him I can only hunt a half day, even though today was just a great day for a full day of hunting today, darn it !!!!  Ended up finding almost 10 grams today.. :) . The large piece was a little more than a foot down, and just made a break in the threshold, I kicked some dirt out of the way, and it made the nice mellow weewoo sound, and I was like :ROFL: . Some digging in the side of a wash a little more than a foot down, and got a :nugget: .....  maybe a foot away I found another small nugget right on top of the ground, and found another small piece in another wash.

I also brought home a new pet,  and the good ol U.S. deserts give them away for free, as you can see in the picture, he is enjoying his new home....  I have been bringing lizards home in the backyard for years, I have lizards everywhere, but they sure take care of all the spiders and cockroaches, as I havent seen any for a long time....

Dave

20170409_164603.jpg

Gold Dig.jpg

lizard.jpg

• Like 10

Here in New Mexico that would be a Gold Bolder.   Your little Boy Lizards just thinks he's about to be Munched. 

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1

Wow! When you click on the full size, your really see its cool looking. The blue and his little claws.. :)

The gold is pretty cool to :ROFL:

Great finds man. GL to ya out there.

Tom H.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, homefire said:

Homefire,

That explains why he was watching me dig the (w)hole time.....

Edited by DolanDave

Awesome Nuggets Dave !!   :thumbsupanim

Nice rough character.  Like they formed just last week....

There's got to be more.....  somewhere.

Good Luck out there and Congrats !!

Luke

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DolanDave said:

Homefire,

That explains why he was watching me dig the (w)hole time.....

Like Birds in a field.  Just waiting for something to start wiggling in the hole.  I've never been dogged by a lizard.  Your Special ! LOL   Man OH Man that's some nice Gold.

• Like 1

Wow, we'll done Dave, how'd you do it with all the wind in GB this weekend, wowza. I spent all day Saturday around King Tut, but forgot my headphones at home. Went home to Vegas late Saturday, woke up Sunday and thought, what the heck.... went back this time to White Hills / Senator Mine area.... was blowing like a banshee... that's impressive gold... nice job.... :thumbsupanim

Jen

9 hours ago, jjbond said:

Wow, we'll done Dave, how'd you do it with all the wind in GB this weekend, wowza. I spent all day Saturday around King Tut, but forgot my headphones at home. Went home to Vegas late Saturday, woke up Sunday and thought, what the heck.... went back this time to White Hills / Senator Mine area.... was blowing like a banshee... that's impressive gold... nice job.... :thumbsupanim

Jen

Thanks everyone....

Jen, went out half day Sunday Johnnie District , no wind at all. That wind at the Basin area can get screaming, hang on out there....

Dave