Nugget Shooter Forums

Bur Abor strewn field ,kenya

Hi everyone,

My finds in bur abor strewn field, kenya ,Dec, Jan, and Feb  2017.

A hammer was used to chop a little bit of the rocks 

Three among the four suggest LL6

DSC00129.JPG

DSC00126.JPG

DSC00115.JPG

DSC00131.JPG

You may know better , Tell us what its,  teresterial? which type of terrestrial we are to learn from one another.

You may know better , Tell us what its,  teresterial? which type of terrestrial we are to learn from one another.

So can we say meteorites  fall evweywhere,  not limited to strewn fields,  coz, the ones found in U.S.A can also be found here.

Look at these two 

PSX_20170404_180648.jpg

PSX_20170404_180941.jpg

Hello Jimale,

This is what Bur-Abor Meteorites look like from the strewnfield in Kenya. Compare what you have got and see how it stacks up. I actually do hope you find a real one. Keep looking down. They're out there.

billpeters

BUR.jpgbur_abor_peter_marmet.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:38 PM, Jimale said:

That is a sedimentary metamorphic rock. Those little quartz crystals used to be organic matter in mud. Then it got baked. Kinda like a natural ceramic.

It is absolutely an earthy rock because the forces of our earth are all over this rock. It is evident in shape, composition and crystallization. It is obviously not a meteorite because it has no features of a meteorite. No fusion crust, no metal flakes, no chondrules. No data is offered that would suggest it is a meteorite. There is no evidence of basic testing. There is no effort at all to explain why you feel this is a meteorite much less how posting these photos are an intelligent pastime. 

It is not even a fecolite. Still coming outta Uranus at cosmic speeds though!

Do you have any friends or family in the Southwest United States Jimale? I know a guy named Joe that reminds me of you. Do you know the Dirt family in Wilcox, AZ?

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 1
  • Irritated 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

40 minutes ago, dustyfeet Ali said:

hello friends 

for bur abor few have been found and currently i poses the only one left in kenya 

Ali 

You can post your alleged bur abor meteroites, I think you mistake bur abor for sericho pallasite. If you search for the coordinates for bur abor strewn field,  it's neither sericho nor Habaswein.

And for the thread, I posted what I found in the strewn field, I didn't exactly said I found an iron meteroites, what is collected in a strewn field is not restricted to a particular entity of a meteroite because it can extend to miles for that matter.

24 minutes ago, Jimale said:

Ali 

You can post your alleged bur abor meteroites, I think you mistake bur abor for sericho pallasite. If you search for the coordinates for bur abor strewn field,  it's neither sericho nor Habaswein.

And for the thread, I posted what I found in the strewn field, I didn't exactly said I found an iron meteroites, what is collected in a strewn field is not restricted to a particular entity of a meteroite because it can extend to miles for that matter.

Oh I get it now! You just posted rocks from the strewn field! Not meteorites!

I am so glad you cleared that up for us Jimale! I am sure that most guys here thought you were posting them as meteorites. Now that we know that these are simply rocks from within the strewn field that makes things a lot different.

How much to you want for that bur abor with the diatom fossils in it? I would really like to have that for my aquarium!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

That is a sedimentary metamorphic rock. Those little quartz crystals used to be organic matter in mud. Then it got baked. Kinda like a natural ceramic.

It is absolutely an earthy rock because the forces of our earth are all over this rock. It is evident in shape, composition and crystallization. It is obviously not a meteorite because it has no features of a meteorite. No fusion crust, no metal flakes, no chondrules. No data is offered that would suggest it is a meteorite. There is no evidence of basic testing. There is no effort at all to explain why you feel this is a meteorite much less how posting these photos are an intelligent pastime. 

It is not even a fecolite. Still coming outta Uranus at cosmic speeds though!

Do you have any friends or family in the Southwest United States Jimale? I know a guy named Joe that reminds me of you. Do you know the Dirt family in Wilcox, AZ?

Bedrock

It seems you stir an acrimony for nothing, coz, your idiocy , meathead, and a pimp like attitude and character, your sublime stupidity, is devoid of any wisdom,  but a combination of black humour and comedy, that cries for validation and reactions from forum members.

I can equate your verbosity to a character in a Nigerian novel, Wodu wakiri, 'village wag'. Your words and behavior wobble, as a drunkard.  You can take two to neutralise weekend hangover. 

The oxymorons of your speech is typical of the confusions faced by those who have little knowledge on meteroites, how on earth can you fail to differentiate between a quartz and feldspar mineral? Yet, you continue proudly and recklessly commenting on meteroite forum, I think these are an appropriate response, to such uncensored and redundant dossier. Why compare families, or person I don't know?  What if I tell you my wife is in America? What has this forum got to do with that?

17 minutes ago, Jimale said:

Bedrock

It seems you stir an acrimony for nothing, coz, your idiocy , meathead, and a pimp like attitude and character, your sublime stupidity, is devoid of any wisdom,  but a combination of black humour and comedy, that cries for validation and reactions from forum members.

I can equate your verbosity to a character in a Nigerian novel, Wodu wakiri, 'village wag'. Your words and behavior wobble, as a drunkard.  You can take two to neutralise weekend hangover. 

The oxymorons of your speech is typical of the confusions faced by those who have little knowledge on meteroites, how on earth can you fail to differentiate between a quartz and feldspar mineral? Yet, you continue proudly and recklessly commenting on meteroite forum, I think these are an appropriate response, to such uncensored and redundant dossier. Why compare families, or person I don't know?  What if I tell you my wife is in America? What has this forum got to do with that?

Joe is a famous meteorite hunter in Arizona and the two of you have much in common. Several years ago they made a documentary about him after he found a big meteorite in the Arizona Desert. It was a PBS production that followed him on his journey to prove that he had found a valuable meteorite. His story is just like yours, full of disbelievers.

Everyone gave him a hard time and disrespected him. No one believed him. He never gave up and held to his convictions until the end. Joe was always a good guy though and in the end they made a movie about him.

I asked you if you knew Joe and I suppose you did not understand the joke. He is a very well known guy in the U.S. and all the meteorite hunters know about him. I suppose that my joke lacked context for you and I apologize for that. You are a lot like Joe and I was just making that connection. If you just google "Joe Dirt" and read his amazing story you will understand why I made that analogy.

Yeah. Pimp wisdom allright. Downright spooky sometimes if you ask me....

See ya Jimalito

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Gotta start the education in the field of meteoritics someplace. May as well be there.

There's at least one fellow over there who could use educating on the proper spelling of meteroites.  That would be a start.  I just tried pronouncing it using his spelling and my tongue got a cramp, not a particularly common occurrence for a fellow who grew up in a septilingual home.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

There's at least one fellow over there who could use educating on the proper spelling of meteroites.  That would be a start.  I just tried pronouncing it using his spelling and my tongue got a cramp, not a particularly common occurrence for a fellow who grew up in a septilingual home.

A few threads back I threw in the misspelling hoping he would notice. He consistently spells it "meteroites" and I tried to play on that a little. I don't know if the satire was recognized by anyone but I thought it was a nice touch. 

He can sure rattle off the correctly spelled words and gets the point across  even if the usage of those words is a little rough. It is strange that the word m e t e o r I t e is the only consistently misspelled word in the posts. 

I really like his spew of insults towards me. It was rhythmic and metered. Like a boxer on a peanut bag warming up. It was almost prose it had such timing. It was a bit disjointed but he did a fantastic job. It was a heartfelt effort and he truly has some plums this Jimale. He is not afraid to stand and deliver!

After reading his paragraph two words stuck in my mind like a neon sign... "pimp wisdom".  What a jewel! I am going to ask Skip to change my rank of "Bush Doctor" to "Pimp Wisdom". That is pure gold that I will be using for decades to come. 

Now I have "pimp wisdom" and he has a bucket of rocks. I think I got the best of him on that deal. Even so I think we can expect our African friend to return and bring us more treasure. I am looking forward to his next batch of lunars!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

A few threads back I threw in the misspelling hoping he would notice. He consistently spells it "meteroites" and I tried to play on that a little. I don't know if the satire was recognized by anyone but I thought it was a nice touch. 

He can sure rattle off the correctly spelled words and gets the point across  even if the usage of those words is a little rough. It is strange that the word m e t e o r I t e is the only consistently misspelled word in the posts. 

I really like his spew of insults towards me. It was rhythmic and metered. Like a boxer on a peanut bag warming up. It was almost prose it had such timing. It was a bit disjointed but he did a fantastic job. It was a heartfelt effort and he truly has some plums this Jimale. He is not afraid to stand and deliver!

After reading his paragraph two words stuck in my mind like a neon sign... "pimp wisdom".  What a jewel! I am going to ask Skip to change my rank of "Bush Doctor" to "Pimp Wisdom". That is pure gold that I will be using for decades to come. 

Now I have "pimp wisdom" and he has a bucket of rocks. I think I got the best of him on that deal. Even so I think we can expect our African friend to return and bring us more treasure. I am looking forward to his next batch of lunars!

I noticed your satire.  Mine usually wisps unseen past the audience and out the window, so I generally reserve my best shticks for the grandson and my sole surviving crazy uncle, who both get it.

You're right.  Pimp wisdom really was a nice touch.  As was Wodu wakiri.  You shall henceforth be known as Wodu Bob, wise pimp and village wag extraordinaire.  It's a worthy nom de plume.

I think many of his correctly spelled words are due to an autospeller and an autosuggestive thesaurus (and a thesaurus would certainly explain "uncensored and redundant dossier" and several other unique word choices).  More than likely, at some point he mistyped meteroite and inadvertently added it to the computer's lexicon.  Still, I've always been of the mind that one should make all efforts to at least know the language of one's trade, even if it be conman.  A person selling faux meteroites should know how to correctly advertise them.

• Like 2

I must admit my dossier is often uncensored and redundant. Mostly potty jokes. 

The wise pimp Wodu Bob. It does have a ring to it. Lets try it out for a while and see if it fits! "Gonna hit you with that pimp wisdom! Kablammo! Doin the Wodu wag!" ( I kinda like it! )

In your post you mentioned that your whole family was septi lingual. I did not know that was hereditary, I always thought it was bacterial. I knew a guy that had that and he almost lost his tongue. Had to take antibiotics for weeks. That stuff generally does not go away on its own so I would advise to seek medical help immediately. 

It is great that you can discuss it openly on a public forum though! You are a brave man! Good on you Saul!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I must admit my dossier is often uncensored and redundant. Mostly potty jokes. 

The wise pimp Wodu Bob. It does have a ring to it. Lets try it out for a while and see if it fits! "Gonna hit you with that pimp wisdom! Kablammo! Doin the Wodu wag!" ( I kinda like it! )

In your post you mentioned that your whole family was septi lingual. I did not know that was hereditary, I always thought it was bacterial. I knew a guy that had that and he almost lost his tongue. Had to take antibiotics for weeks. That stuff generally does not go away on its own so I would advise to seek medical help immediately. 

It is great that you can discuss it openly on a public forum though! You are a brave man! Good on you Saul!  :rolleyes:

Yes, seven between my parents.  Eleven if I include both sets of grandparents and the three sets of great-grandparents I was fortunate enough to know.  Shabbat meals were Bavli, Scene II, sans tower.

As for septic tongues, one of my great-grandfathers as his mind began to slip away started teaching me snappy Yiddishisms when I was about 4 (and there are no better malisons on the planet), of which my great-grandmother promptly cleansed my palate with vinegar, kind of a he teach 'em, she bleach 'em situation.  This went on daily for what must have been weeks, until she caught him teaching me a new malediction in his library, with me studiously repeating his words.  He had enough mind left to remember her scolding and reform, and I had to turn to the uncles to continue my education.

• Like 3

This post has turned into a very enjoyable thread. It hasn't been easy and the trail is littered with random rocks and the carcasses of those who have fallen by the wayside. But by the time it is midnight in Nairobi we will have driven the demons out of it. 

Thanks Saul! You are an interesting and clever fellow and an able wordsmith. I look forward to chewing the fat with you in the near future!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

This post has turned into a very enjoyable thread. It hasn't been easy and the trail is littered with random rocks and the carcasses of those who have fallen by the wayside. But by the time it is midnight in Nairobi we will have driven the demons out of it. 

Thanks Saul! You are an interesting and clever fellow and an able wordsmith. I look forward to chewing the fat with you in the near future!

You ain't no slouch yourself, Wodu Bob.  It's always fun to participate in a Heckle and Jeckle routine, at least until the audience starts throwing rocks. 

Speaking of audiences, I tried standup a few times in college, until an Arab kid with big feet threw his shoe at me (true story).  I kept it -- the shoe, not the heckler -- as a souvenir.  It was a tad snug on the toes, but otherwise a very good shoe.  For the rest of that semester, as I hobbled around campus in my new left shoe, I kept looking for the Arab guy wearing the other one, but we never again crossed paths.

• Like 1