Nugget Shooter Forums

MY 14" EVO COIL JUST PAID FOR ITSELF

LowPoint

Well, I didn't find enough Gold in one day to pay for my 14" EVO Coil, but I did in 3-different outings.  I have already posted the first two photos and the third shows what I found a couple of days ago.  The total weight is 10.23 Grams.  The first two large nuggets where down about 15" to 16", while the last (flat) nugget was down about 12" to 13" down in a pocket, which (by-the-way) also had rusted square nails (3-4), and boot tacks (2-3) in the same hole.  I actually (initially) pulled the square nails and boot tacks out first, before I finally got to the nugget....(Food-for-thought).  YES, this coil is definitely worth the cost.  Gary

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

• Like 4

Congrats Gary !!

That's good stuff.   :thumbsupanim

Keep on it....   There's more out there.

:D

Luke

Nice gold Gary! :yesss:

I really like my EVO also.

So.....are you going to sell the gold to pay for it? :) Or just keep it and play with it.

Tom H.

2 hours ago, jjbond said:

Sweet... I just did the same, it's a great feeling owning free gear, congrats.

jen 

I don't know about free, but when something like a coil or metal detector proves it's value with returns of equal and greater values (in this case) in a different form, and continues to provide those values, that's an investment well worth the cost (even though it may have appeared to be extravagant in the past).  Good Job on your finds as well.  Gary:4chsmu1:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GDM/PV said:

.....Only the "SHADDOW  K-N-O-W-S"....:200:

You forgot the evil laugh at the end :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TomH said:

You forgot the evil laugh at the end :)

No I didn't,  :evil1:...anyone who is familiar with those words and this Key-phrase, I'm sure has their own interpretation of that evil laugh locked into their mind,.. kind of like: "WE DON'T NEED NO STINK'N BADGES",  "MAKE-MY-DAY", AND  "I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"  ... Gary  :brows:

• Like 1

Nice work as usual, Gary!

Looks like the Evo is treating you well. Me too. They are sensitive to the small stuff (even the large Evo's) and deep as well. Have you seen the new 19" spoked mono Evo? Wow! You can cover some ground with that sucker!! A bit too large to swing the country you and I hunt here in the Bradshaws but perfect for flatter/open ground.

Anyway, good shooting! Keep it up!!

Dean

P.S.- I don't use a GPS or I would give you the coordinates to all my spots :idunno:. My newest hot spot is a place called Rose Creek :D. You should give it a try sometime :evil1:.

Edited by Dbado1
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Dbado1 said:

Nice work as usual, Gary!

Looks like the Evo is treating you well. Me too. They are sensitive to the small stuff (even the large Evo's) and deep as well. Have you seen the new 19" spoked mono Evo? Wow! You can cover some ground with that sucker!! A bit too large to swing the country you and I hunt here in the Bradshaws but perfect for flatter/open ground.

Anyway, good shooting! Keep it up!!

Dean

P.S.- I don't use a GPS or I would give you the coordinates to all my spots :idunno:. My newest hot spot is a place called Rose Creek :D. You should give it a try sometime :evil1:.

YEP, the 19" EVO is most likely too big to swing here in the Bradshaws.  Hey, Thanks for the tip on your new hot spot, I'll have to try it out before it gets too hot down there in the desert (but why would someone call a creek-Rose Creek when it is down in the desert???:idunno:Hmmmmm??)  As a token of sharing and being fair as a fellow prospector I thought I would leave you the GPS Coordinates to my newest hot spot as well,   ...got a pencil??    3 03' 53.90" S  37 21' 30.82" E.  I call it mtkj.  Maybe we will cross paths there some day.  :evil1:  Gary

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dbado1 said:

You are a good man, Gary! I'll check that spot out. Perhaps we can meet there and do a hunt?:evil1:

Dean

And you said you didn't use GPS,....:2mo5pow:......??????  You're such a Crafty-devil; but "you ain't no Daisy".  .....Hey, Don't tell anyone the coordinates, :ROFL: or there will be a stampede to all the rich-pick'ns before we can poke it.  I'm up for a hunt :brows:.  Gary 

• Like 1

Im not even going to punch in those coords. Its probably somewhere in Bangor Maine :ROFL:

Tom H.

5 hours ago, TomH said:

Im not even going to punch in those coords. Its probably somewhere in Bangor Maine :ROFL:

Tom H.

"NOT-EVEN-CLOSE", .....  "OH"-COME-ON-TOM, You know you want to.  Why deprive your human instinct and desire to pursue something "secret, illusive, yet just within your finger tips to attain.  It will put you right on top of the world.  :brows:  Gary

On 3/29/2017 at 0:38 PM, SanDomingoJim said:

Those cords might even be close to Kilimanjaro...you can always count on accurate locations to one's dig holes here.  :ROFL:

That never even crossed my mind.. This whole time I was thinking it was
Tazmanian pickpocket code for: Many tourists, keep jostling.. :rolleyes:

Swamp