Nugget Shooter Forums

Some Specie Action

Dbado1

Made it out this weekend and got in to some specie action as well as some gorgeous desert scenery. Was swinging the 4500 with the 14x9" Evo.

IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

All up for the hunt.

Perfect weather. I hope everyone can make some time and get out and enjoy it before it gets too hot! It's still out there! HH.

Dean

Edited by Dbado1
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Mike Furness said:

Dean ... I'm going to have to start shadowing you ... watch your back! :brows: You are killing it out there ... WTG!

Mike F

I'll second that notion.....   :arrowheadsmiley:

WTG !!

Luke

• Like 1

WTG Dean! Your killing it :)
Really nice color in the specie.
Tom H.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dbado1 said:

Made it out this weekend and got in to some specie action as well as some gorgeous desert scenery. Was swinging the 4500 with the 14x9" Evo.

:brows:

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

All up for the hunt.

Perfect weather. I hope everyone can make some time and get out and enjoy it before it gets too hot! It's still out there! HH.

Dean

GPS COORDANTS ..."PLEASE,"  :200: I volunteer to make some time and get out there to get some specie-action too.  I can tell you really need some help???:brows:  Gary 

• Like 1

Thanks Guys!

The specie is quite dense. We figured perhaps 9 grams of gold or half of it's total weight. Will have to do a SG test to be sure. The other two weigh in at three grams. So, I figure about 12 grams total...just over a third of an ounce. 

If there was ever any doubt that quartz or iron are associated with gold this specie answers that question. As pesky as iron stone can be I always welcome it's presence in the gold fields as I feel it is strongly associated with gold. 

I was scanning a vertical cal-crete wall with lots of cemented gravels when I hit a strong signal about waist high. It took me about half an hour to chip it out from it's home about 6" in the wall. So, don't forget to hit the vertical sides of the gullies.

The 14x9" Evo has payed for itself many times over now and, so far, is my favorite coil for the ground I hunt and my hunting style. I don't feel that I leave much behind with this combo. 

Enough rambling.

Dean

Edited by Dbado1
  • Like 1