Nugget Shooter Forums

Scientists stunned

Dakota Slim

This black hole, which is the size of 1 billion solar masses, is leaving the galaxy at a pace of 4.7 million miles per hour.
And a few of our fellow Earthlings think they can control global warming???

http://www.babwnews.com/2017/03/scientists-stunned-by-massive-discovery-deep-in-space/

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Yeah, but where is it going? Sure hope it isn't headed this way. I'd sure hate to get hit by something going 4.7 million miles an hour. :th_panic:

Don't worry Slim, if it does head this way we would know it was coming but when it hits us we wouldn't know that it did at that speed, unless it started pulling us into pieces way before it got here!:yikes:

• Like 1

It has to travel 8,000,000,000,000 Light years to get us.  That's  186,000 miles per second for a year X  8billion .  And being a bit slow at 4.7 Million miles per hour I think we are ok for a while.  No Tin Foils hats required this time.

HF

• Like 2

3 hours ago, homefire said:

It has to travel 8,000,000,000,000 Light years to get us.  That's  186,000 miles per second for a year X  8billion .  And being a bit slow at 4.7 Million miles per hour I think we are ok for a while.  No Tin Foils hats required this time.

HF

Dang it Homie, you busted my bubble, I was already digging out my telescope and popping popcorn!!:2mo5pow:

• Like 1

Agree.  But the Galaxy and all within it seems is moving away from the center of what ever we're moving from.  Maybe they can detect lateral movement ?  I think a pile of stuff they come up with is nothing more then then I THINK SO stuff.  LOL

That does not account for our speed of travel through our own solar system   67,000 miles per hour.   Or the Earth Rotation?     So something like 581,000 miles a hour give or take chump change.  LOL  Pretty smooth ride Eaaa?   Until we smack something ! LOL

Most folks don't realize there flying along at 1000 miles a  hour or so just sitting on the couch. 

Edited by homefire

How come They say Black Holes are Black because even light can't escape but yet they find them by the X-Ray emissions coming out of them ?  X-Rays are just a shorter band of light.  Emmmmmmmm  Someone is BSing Some One.

24 minutes ago, homefire said:

How come They say Black Holes are Black because even light can't escape but yet they find them by the X-Ray emissions coming out of them ?  X-Rays are just a shorter band of light.  Emmmmmmmm  Someone is BSing Some One.

Xrays are given off by matter falling in to the black hole- prior to crossing the event horizon.

I think other emissions shoot out of the poles. It's explainable.

Edited by weaver hillbille
  • Like 1

Good question mfm. I think not, but I could be wrong. 

Does laser light go on infinitely in space?

If you fired a burst of light from a laser, could Superman catch it if he traveled faster than the speed of light?

Edited by Dakota Slim

9 hours ago, middleforkminer2 said:

Here's something to ponder...  Say you were traveling at the speed of light and on the front of your spacecraft, you had lasers....would the speed your lasers are traveling through space increase the speed of light???  :grr01:

No, but the lasers would not go anywhere and probably explode or melt your spacecraft and kill you!!!

6 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Good question mfm. I think not, but I could be wrong. 

Does laser light go on infinitely in space?

If you fired a burst of light from a laser, could Superman catch it if he traveled faster than the speed of light?

No Superman couldn't catch the laser no matter how fast he is because it's LIGHT and you can't get a grip on light :nono:.....I guess if he had a mirror he could sorta catch it....now that's something to reflect on....hmmmmm! :89:

• Like 1

Super man could never catch light.  Anything with Mass can never obtain light speed.  As you get closer to light speed the mass becomes greater then any available acceleration.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/physics/142-physics/the-theory-of-relativity/the-speed-of-light/1013-what-happens-to-a-substance-if-its-speed-is-more-than-the-speed-of-light-intermediate

He many be able to get ahead of it using Time Warp. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, homefire said:

Super man could never catch light.  Anything with Mass can never obtain light speed.  As you get closer to light speed the mass becomes greater then any available acceleration.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/physics/142-physics/the-theory-of-relativity/the-speed-of-light/1013-what-happens-to-a-substance-if-its-speed-is-more-than-the-speed-of-light-intermediate

He many be able to get ahead of it using Time Warp. 

How fast is the speed of light? Is it faster than 4.7 million mph?

186,000 miles Per Second    ...   Yes   https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140116152536AALfDrl

669,600,000 MPH

Light can travel 5,865,609,000,000 mile in one year.  LOL

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1