Nugget Shooter Forums

Anyone find a Leatherman Multi-tool at outting?

DOC

Hey gang!

Really enjoyed seeing everyone at the outting.  The hot weather sure sucked the juice out of me.  Not expecting it to be that hot so darn early.

By any chance did anyone find a Leatherman multi-tool?  I know exactly how I lost it.  Saturday night I was disconnecting my trailer because I thought I would run into Wickenberg and fill up my truck with fuel so I would be ready to go the next day.  Well I was tightening up a screw on my trailer and stupidly, laid my Leatherman on the bumper of my truck.  I forgot it was there and drove off into town. 

Can't imagine I probably got too far before it fell off the bumper, either in the camping area or when I went across the wash.  I've had that thing for like 15 years, never go anywhere without it.  If it's gone, no big deal.  Not like it has any sentimental value.  It's just that you feel a certain attachment to a tool that has cut you and pinched you as many times as that darn thing has.

Take care!

Doc

• Like 3

Eaaaa !   We know some guys with Metal detectors !   BAD JOKE.      Know the feeling about you loosing the thing.   Like a good knife .   Just not there when you keep reaching for it.   I lost a Fine Gerber Knife one time.  5 years later I stopped to open a wire gate and found it just laying there in the open by the pole.

HF

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, homefire said:

Eaaaa !   We know some guys with Metal detectors !   BAD JOKE.      Know the feeling about you loosing the thing.   Like a good knife .   Just not there when you keep reaching for it.   I lost a Fine Gerber Knife one time.  5 years later I stopped to open a wire gate and found it just laying there in the open by the pole.
HF

Doesn't always work that way when going through screening detectors though.. One time I needed to go pay a fine in a different county (because I'd waited until the last possible second to pay this "unjust ticket," so could no longer mail it in..) This was right after they began installing the screening machines.. Most places didn't even have 'em yet, but this was the brand new just opened Orlando courthouse & office building and they did.. I had not one but two Uncle Henry's in my pocket.. The occifers told me I had two choices: 1) Take 'em back to my vehicle, or, 2) Leave 'em there and I could pick 'em up on my way out.. I was sooo late I had no choice but to hand 'em over.. I told them it was gonna be after five by the time I got back down, but they said no sweat, don't worry -- the night guard will have them for you.. Uh-huh.. That was the last time I ever saw those knives..

You leave yours in the open for 5 years and find it right where you dropped it.. I leave mine for 20 minutes with two officers of the court and never see them again.. Doesn't seem quite right somehow.. What I mean is, while that's a really great break for you, to this day I still can't help but wonder how much other people's stuff those guys walk out of there with come 5 P.M.

Swamp

LOL, While on Juror duty I was told I couldn't bring my pack of cigarettes in with me. The guard said I'll have them right here when you get off. SOMEONE Stole them. Jacked by a Security Guard in a Court house of all places. DANG ! HF

I found it!  Alzheimers!  I didn't put it on the bumper.  I put it on the tailgate and it was in the back of my truck.  I was really surprised to find it when I started cleaning stuff out this morning.

Doc

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DOC said:

I found it!  Alzheimers!  I didn't put it on the bumper.  I put it on the tailgate and it was in the back of my truck.  I was really surprised to find it when I started cleaning stuff out this morning.

Doc

Yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! old age strikes again.....Im so looking forward to this :)   :yesss: Cant wait to sit around and laugh at myself :ROFL:

Tom H.

• Like 2

Hey Doc ... They make a little tracking gadget now that you can track with your cell phone ... providing you can find and operate your cell phone ... so that you can easily find the things you put in a safe place and promptly forgot where that safe place is! Here ya go my friend:

https://www.thetrackr.com/bravo/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Bravo_Search_GeneralKeywords_cpc&utm_campaign=Bravo_Search_GeneralKeywords&gclid=CKG61oH17NICFV25wAodK3MDrQ

:old:Mike F

My wife says it's not Alzheimers if you forgot where you put your keys.  It's only Alzheimers if after you find your keys you can't remember what they are used for.

I think that's pretty accurate.

Most of the time it's not Alzheimers.  It's I don't give a crap.  We just don't pay attention to things because nothing is important to us anymore.  We've seen it all and done it all and there just aren't that many memorable things.

I can prove you don't have Alzheimers right now.

I'm going to give you a list of 10 items and you are going to read them.  When I am through with this exercise, you will remember the 10 items IN ORDER!  Impossible you say!  NOPE.  It's not, you just need to understand how your brain works.  This is my chance to play psychologist.

OK here's the list.  Read it, then close your eyes and remember it.

Tree, Light Switch, Stool, Car, Glove, Gun, Dice, Skates, Cat, Bowling Ball

Close your eyes and repeat them.  How did you do?  LOUSY right?

I said by the end of the exercise you would remember them.  We are not through yet.  OK, here's how your brain works.  You only learn and remember things by associating those things with things you already know.  Things you already know have a neural connection in your brain that will not go away.  You just know it  You know your name, you know your spouses name, you know what color your eyes are.  You know what gold looks like.  The key to learning new things is to connect them to something you already know.

So do you know how to count to ten?  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.  Of course you do.  So your ability to count to 10 is because there is a place in your brain where that information has been stored and actually caused a change in the neurons. 

OK, so we are going to use those numbers you already know as hooks to hang and associate new knowledge.

First item in the list was TREE.  We are going to associate tree with the number 1.  A telephone pole is made from a tree, what's it look like?  It looks like the number 1, imagine a Christmas tree with only 1 ornament on it a great big ugly #1 ornament, a toothpick is made from a tree, it looks like the number 1, a match is made of wood from a tree, it looks like the number 1.

Get it?  So when you say the number 1, I want you to visualize that 1 is no longer just a number, it's now an image.  An image of a telephone pole made from what? A match made from what?  TREE  First item is TREE.  from this day forward the visual picture in your mind for the number 1 will be a tree.

2.  Light switch, it has only 2 positions, on and off

3.  Stool, think of a three legged stool used for milking a cow with three utters and three horns.  The sillier you can make your images the better the new neural connection.

4. Car - 4 doors, 4 wheels, 4 on the floor  Car is number 4

5.  Glove - a glove has 5 fingers.

6.  Gun, a six shooter!  Get made dead and they will put you 6 feet under.

7.  Dice, a winning roll is 7

8. Skates, you can do a figure 8, the old skates with wheels had 8 wheels

9.  Cat, a cat has 9 lives. or cat o 9 tails.

10.  Bowling ball, knocks down 10 pins.

Now the key is to remember the picture and how it is associated with the number.

Once you have gone through this list a couple of times, now repeat the 10 items in the list in order. Number 1 is a tree, Number 2 is a light switch, what is number 3?

What does this have to do with gold?  Well as we get older we are going to have to train our brains to be more observant, and we need a new and interesting way to teach our brain new things.  Being able to remember things in the field can keep us from getting lost.  Help us remember how to get back to secret places.

All of us have knowledge that we don't even know we have in our brain.  We just need to associate it.  For example, I bet most people know the names of the 5 great lakes.  Can you name them without looking them up?  NO?  I bet you know them, you just don't know you know them.  What if I give you a little help to associate the names of the 5 great lakes.  What if I told you to think of HOMES around a great lake.  What if I told you that each letter in the word H O M E S, represented the first letter of the name of one of the Great Lakes?  So what would lake would the letter "H" stand for?  Do you know them now?

OK totally off the subject of prospecting, but just thought you might like something a little different to stimulate your noggin.

Doc

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DOC said:

My wife says... [ big snip ]
Doc

Kewl.. I can't believe how well that works..!

One thing though: You kinda forgot to mention that if ya already have a list of ten in yer haid it gets wiped n replaced with this new one..

So now I can't remember the dates of my two boy's birthdays (problem,) or five grandchildren's (bigger problem,) or g/f's (most un-healthy & un-wise looming problem,) or the combination I never wrote down anywhere to my hidden floor safe (waaaaah, sob, sob, whine) or what this funky-looking button on my computer d

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swampstomper Al said:

LOL.  Nah, not how it works.  I just gave you the basics.  Once you have learned that the visual reference for the number 1 is a tree, and 2 is a light switch and 3 is a stool.  You now have neural hooks to place things on.

OK, so your wife wants you to pick up some things at the store.  Bread, Milk, Eggs, gallon of water, can of peaches, butter, and a bag of almonds.

Now here's the trick, the more outrageous you can make these pictures in your mind the stronger the connection will be.  Remember anything you can imagine that involves emotion, or pain, or something outrageous will be easily remembered.

OK so first item on your list is BREAD.  What is your visual reference for the Number 1?  It's a tree.  OK connect TREE with BREAD.  A Christmas tree with loafs of bread hanging from it.  A loaf of bread that instead of having crust has bark.  A baker making bread out of saw dust instead of flour.  Got it?  Tree has BREAD hanging on it.

Second item, MILK,  Our visual reference for for the number 2 is a Light switch OFF and ON.  Imagine every time you turn a light switch on milk squirts out into your face.  A bottle of milk with a light switch on it above a spigot.  Turn the switch on, and milk comes out.

Third is a STOOL.  Your milking a cow sitting on a stool, every time you pull the utter to extract milk the cow lays an egg.  KEEP it weird.

Four is a Car.  You catch your grandchild putting WATER in the gas tank of your car.  You open the door to find your car is full of water.

Five is glove.  You take a peach in your gloved hand and squeeze it, juice squirts in your eye and burns like crazy.  Remember if you can evoke an emotion it will stick with you.

Six is a gun.  Clean that gun, and give it a good coating of butter.  Take a stick of butter carve it into a gun take it to school and get expelled.

Seven is dice, Your in las vegas, you belly up to the craps table and you roll almonds onto the table.  The pit boss beats the snot out of you.  Our you put a stack of almonds down on the pass line and announce, 10 almonds on the come out roll.

OK does this take a little practice to make your mind adapt to a new way of learning.  YES.  But it works!  If you have a paper and pencil, of course it is easy to make yourself a list.  But if your in your car, trying to remember things you want to get at the store, start hooking those things onto you numerical visual reference.

Right now I bet you can name the list of things to get at the store.

What's hanging on the tree?  Sawdust was used to make what?
The light switch when turned on squirts out what?
The stool you are using to milk the cow, what happens when you pull the utter?
What's the problem with the CAR
Why are you wearing a glove but your eyes sting?
You grab your gun but it slips out of your hand, why?
You have a black eye from a pit boss in las vegas when you were playing dice, what happened?

See how this works.  You know the ol' if you don't use it you lose it.  Well I truly believe some Alzheimer's or dementia might be able to be avoided or postponed by keeping those parts of your brain stimulated with new and interesting ways of processing information.

Hope that was some fun.  I am amazed at the things I can remember.  I am also perplexed as to why sometimes I can stand in front of the toilet and sometimes not remember whether I already pee'd or not.

Doc

2 hours ago, DOC said:

LOL.  Nah, not how it works.  I just gave you the basics.  Once you have learned that the visual reference for the number 1 is a tree, and 2 is a light switch and 3 is a stool.  You now have neural hooks to place things on.

OK, so your wife wants you to pick up some things at the store.  Bread, Milk, Eggs, gallon of water, can of peaches, butter, and a bag of almonds.

Now here's the trick, the more outrageous you can make these pictures in your mind the stronger the connection will be.  Remember anything you can imagine that involves emotion, or pain, or something outrageous will be easily remembered.

OK so first item on your list is BREAD.  What is your visual reference for the Number 1?  It's a tree.  OK connect TREE with BREAD.  A Christmas tree with loafs of bread hanging from it.  A loaf of bread that instead of having crust has bark.  A baker making bread out of saw dust instead of flour.  Got it?  Tree has BREAD hanging on it.

Second item, MILK,  Our visual reference for for the number 2 is a Light switch OFF and ON.  Imagine every time you turn a light switch on milk squirts out into your face.  A bottle of milk with a light switch on it above a spigot.  Turn the switch on, and milk comes out.

Third is a STOOL.  Your milking a cow sitting on a stool, every time you pull the utter to extract milk the cow lays an egg.  KEEP it weird.

Four is a Car.  You catch your grandchild putting WATER in the gas tank of your car.  You open the door to find your car is full of water.

Five is glove.  You take a peach in your gloved hand and squeeze it, juice squirts in your eye and burns like crazy.  Remember if you can evoke an emotion it will stick with you.

Six is a gun.  Clean that gun, and give it a good coating of butter.  Take a stick of butter carve it into a gun take it to school and get expelled.

Seven is dice, Your in las vegas, you belly up to the craps table and you roll almonds onto the table.  The pit boss beats the snot out of you.  Our you put a stack of almonds down on the pass line and announce, 10 almonds on the come out roll.

OK does this take a little practice to make your mind adapt to a new way of learning.  YES.  But it works!  If you have a paper and pencil, of course it is easy to make yourself a list.  But if your in your car, trying to remember things you want to get at the store, start hooking those things onto you numerical visual reference.

Right now I bet you can name the list of things to get at the store.

What's hanging on the tree?  Sawdust was used to make what?
The light switch when turned on squirts out what?
The stool you are using to milk the cow, what happens when you pull the utter?
What's the problem with the CAR
Why are you wearing a glove but your eyes sting?
You grab your gun but it slips out of your hand, why?
You have a black eye from a pit boss in las vegas when you were playing dice, what happened?

See how this works.  You know the ol' if you don't use it you lose it.  Well I truly believe some Alzheimer's or dementia might be able to be avoided or postponed by keeping those parts of your brain stimulated with new and interesting ways of processing information.

Hope that was some fun.  I am amazed at the things I can remember.  I am also perplexed as to why sometimes I can stand in front of the toilet and sometimes not remember whether I already pee'd or not.

Doc

Crikey Doc :Just_Cuz_06:, I'll never be able to remember all the things you talked about that I need to remember to be able to remember things!!! :th:

On 3/23/2017 at 8:14 AM, Mike Furness said:

Hey Doc ... They make a little tracking gadget now that you can track with your cell phone ... providing you can find and operate your cell phone ... so that you can easily find the things you put in a safe place and promptly forgot where that safe place is! Here ya go my friend:

https://www.thetrackr.com/bravo/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Bravo_Search_GeneralKeywords_cpc&utm_campaign=Bravo_Search_GeneralKeywords&gclid=CKG61oH17NICFV25wAodK3MDrQ

:old:Mike F

Hey, Mike and all...Don't waste your money on the TrackR ... They suck...I bought one and put it on my dog's collar 'cause every now and then he likes to go for a run...The second he gets more than 50 feet away he disappears from the TrackR app on my cell phone...if he's close enough (less than 50') I can make him crazy by pushing the button on the cell phone that activates an irritating tone in the device on his collar...Plus, the TrackR company is VERY unprofessional ... They took a month to fill my order and, then, only because I called them several times to the point of harassing them...I've seen similar complaints online about their piss poor customer service...Buyer beware....Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

I bought Track-R a long time ago.  They suck.  OK inside the house if you misplaced the remote or your keys, but otherwise, forget it.  Everyone would have to be using one for it to work properly, and it uses other people's phones who have the software installed to ping your lost item.

3 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Crikey Doc :Just_Cuz_06:, I'll never be able to remember all the things you talked about that I need to remember to be able to remember things!!! :th:

If you read it I bet you right now you can remember the grocery list.  I can.

Doc

Listen that Propofol they knock you out with during the colonoscopy is the best nap I have had in a long time.  But get this!  Insurance will not pay for the anesthesia because they deem it not to be necessary.  WHAT?  You are going to jam a 7 foot fire hose with a camera attached to the end, up my rectum, and you don't think I need to be knocked out to tolerate that?  Who the hell is making these decisions?  Dr. Josef Mengele?

• Like 2

At the Va they knock you butt out, But I still am not having one, last one I had was 20 years ago, it was enough for me, they did not knock you out back then either. Grubstake

Had one about 12 years ago. Laid there like a dumb ass while they run that snake up my tail pipe...watched the whole thing on camera while the two techs chit chat about their personal lives. One of the worst times that I can recall. Ain't doing it again and yes, someone needs to be knocked out during or preferably before that procedure.   :grr01: 

Hey guys and gals ... I have had 5 colonoscopies so far and have had polyps cut out 4 of the 5 times. Fortunately no cancer but it is in my family history with my father and his sister. The procedure is no big deal and may just save your life. Get the darn thing done! I am now on the five year plan and three more years to the next one. Worst part of the program is the 'cleansing' before the actual procedure. First time I ever did it was with a product called 'Fleet' ... should have been called flood! Never knew there could be that much fecal matter stored in my bowels! :idunno: BOTTOM LINE ... GET IT DONE!

Mike F

• Like 1