Nugget Shooter Forums

Still working on the Dead Bug Car. NO PARTS

homefire

MORE Parts ordered and need to pick up the wheel hub bearings installed later today....   Ride to town secured.   Drivers side CV joint ordered too.   May as well do that side as well.   Time, Just takes Time.   And deep pockets.  

HF

• Like 2

LOL This is taking for ever.  Not eve opened up the other side.   Flipping hot out there by noon.  I need to be getting the cooler going this week too.

Received the Key Board for the Toshiba today so that needs to be put on the TO DO.

Edited by homefire

Dang homey, I sure know how it feels to be chasing car parts. 

First my old body was having issues, fixed I hope, then the Toy 

gear box got cranky, $650.00 cured that. 

The next week the front diff. started having the shakes, two new 

universal joints on the front drive shaft cured that problem, for $350.00

Sure need to find that vein (gold)!

• Like 2

Still at it and not even completed one side.  Dang wind kicked up last few days and can't work in the blow sand.

Time.  Just takes TIME>

On 3/26/2017 at 0:52 PM, homefire said:

LOL Yep, It's a 93 and bits and bobs don't last forever.  As soon as I think it's reliable again something will pop up.  :th:

My van is a '95, which probably makes it the newest vehicle out of a whole gaggle of us here.. The way I see it is we're either all cray-cray or just have a real thing against wanting to own newer vehicles made primarily out of recycled plastics and tins.. Not to mention a new 2017 1/2 ton anything 2WD truck costs more than I paid for my house -- all but useless since 4WD is usually mandatory 90%+ of the last-mile time..

I need to drop a few hunnert or more into mine immediately too, seeing as how I've put off some stuff needing done for years seriously and now everything's come home to roost at the same time.. When I fell off the PM wagon not only did I fall off really hard but I musta landed on my haid as well, since it's nearly impossible to keep an older vehicle up or keep up with an older vehicle if ya don't replace / repair things when its time.. Only thing that got done was the fluids, a sure way to win the battle but lose the war..

Swamp

Denial.   Just can't face the fact that things can't last for ever.  LOL  Besides.  I'm broke. And your right about the House part.  I seem to remember some nice houses going for $14,000 ..  with a spot of land.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swampstomper Al said:

My van is a '95, which probably makes it the newest vehicle out of a whole gaggle of us here.. The way I see it is we're either all cray-cray or just have a real thing against wanting to own newer vehicles made primarily out of recycled plastics and tins.. Not to mention a new 2017 1/2 ton anything 2WD truck costs more than I paid for my house -- all but useless since 4WD is usually mandatory 90%+ of the last-mile time..

I need to drop a few hunnert or more into mine immediately too, seeing as how I've put off some stuff needing done for years seriously and now everything's come home to roost at the same time.. When I fell off the PM wagon not only did I fall off really hard but I musta landed on my haid as well, since it's nearly impossible to keep an older vehicle up or keep up with an older vehicle if ya don't replace / repair things when its time.. Only thing that got done was the fluids, a sure way to win the battle but lose the war..

Swamp

Speaking of keeping up with an older vehicle...Just recently bought a '91 4runner. so far, I've replaced valve cover gaskets, pcv valve,which the whole darn intake manifold has to come off to do,  both cv drive axles, upper and lower ball joints and wheel bearings. When it is all good a desert worthy I think that I will be too wore out to drive it. Now I need fixin.  :th:

• Like 2

Don't worry.  Something else will need fixing next week.   Would you believe I just got buzzed by a humming bird sitting on the couch here ?

Guess he's telling me to put the dang feeder up.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ArcticDave said:

My jeep is a 93 too. Always fixing something on it...

The zero back together yet?

NO.  Still Putzing at it.  Dust storms been bad and today isn't to bad but I just REALLY don't feel like getting on it.  LOL

Well i'll say this, I have always done all the mechanical work on all the vehicles I have ever owned, I don't mind it, was raised to know how to fix most anything that needs fixing but especially mechanical work, I would much rather pay for parts and do my own labor than to make payments on a vehicle, I will never buy a new vehicle unless I could pay cash for it which will never happen unless I win the lottery, as soon as you drive a new vehicle off the lot it loses at least 10% of it's value, add that to the payment for the first year and you could have bought a decent used vehicle that has been maintained that will last on average of 5 years with normal maintenance and replacing a few normal wear items, figure in the 2nd year's payments on a new vehicle and you most likely will pay for the cost of maintaining the used vehicle for the 5 years and you still would be left with at least 3 years of payments on what was a new vehicle but is now a "used" vehicle and probably not worth what you still owe on it!!! 

So I usually don't even look at buying a vehicle unless it's been maintained properly and around 4 years old to...who knows how old, all depends on what it is and condition, and I don't mind buying one that needs minor work as long as I can see it has a good life left in it by giving it what it needs! 

Most all of today's modern vehicles will go at least 150,000 miles with proper maintenance and the better ones will easily make it to 300,000 miles and still run great if it had been taken care of, when I was growing up a vehicle with 100,000 miles and running...OK...was the exception. but most died catastrophically approaching that milestone, if you saw one with 150,000 miles on it and still running was amazing!1

I have a loaded 2000 Suburban with 230,000 miles on it and it still gets the same gas mileage and performs as it did when it was new but I purchased it when it was 6 years old with 75.000 miles on it for a great price, other than I need to replace the AC compressor soon, new part is about $200 or so and driver's seat has a bad seat bottom, another $150 to replace.

I also have aother recent purchase...2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 with 135,000 miles on it, also another great price and it runs as new, only issue it had was the vinyl dash pad was cracked rather badly, shortly after buying it I was educating myself on 4Runners as I have never own one before and found out that Toyota had enough people complain about this issue on 2003 to 2005 4Runners dash pads cracking and or getting sticky/melting that Toyota stepped up and issued a Warranty Enhancement Program for the 2003 to 2005 4Runners and is replacing the dash pads for free (not that you could buy a OEM new pad without this program taking place and Toyota making new ones but a new pad would be $750, labor is another $450 to install it) you have to take the 4Runner in to a dealer, letting them inspect the dash pad, check VIN number to make sure it meets the requirements, which my did and they then order the dash pad  and then you wait, the wait could be up to a year or more because of Toyota having to re-tool the machines to start making a LOT of new dash pads for the replacements for the many 4Runners sold for those years, then they would call you when it came in to do the install, the program started back in 2015 and ends on May 31,  2017, I was lucky or they are getting caught up on the back orders and I got my call 2 1/2 months after the ordering and now I have a brand new dash, and I love this 4Runner more than I thought I would, even if it still had the cracked dash it's great truck!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, homefire said:

...Would you believe I just got buzzed by a humming bird sitting on the couch here ?...

I durn sure believe it..! I remember your hummingbird vids from a few years back..

That's quite the herd or two you have there.. I'm actually kinda surprised the BLM hasn't come after you yet -- wanting back-payments for knowingly letting YOUR birds free range roam on THEIR land without ever coughing up any lease $$s.. :inocent:

Those ARE BLM certified HB-3000BPM_v2.4 feeders you're using, right..? :89:

Swamp

1 hour ago, Swampstomper Al said:

I durn sure believe it..! I remember your hummingbird vids from a few years back..

That's quite the herd or two you have there.. I'm actually kinda surprised the BLM hasn't come after you yet -- wanting back-payments for knowingly letting YOUR birds free range roam on THEIR land without ever coughing up any lease $$s.. :inocent:

Those ARE BLM certified HB-3000BPM_v2.4 feeders you're using, right..? :89:

Swamp

LOL,  Dollar Store Rejected, UnderRated, Fill em 5 times a Day Feeders.  I pay Homage to them Five times  Day so I'm good.  The Bowing North thing might get some attention.

• Like 1