Nugget Shooter Forums

California flooding has exposed gold veins hidden for 200 years

No disrespect meant........... PVC boundary markers, then something else, now this? Yet clearly here prospecting/miner correlation.

I feel as though I am walking into a lefty protest as of late with the typical restrictions rhetoric.

In the distant past, I would unleash some couple hundred rounds of 45 cal. at my local firing range. It did the trick of ridding oneself of frustrations if that's the case. Just saying...

Let's all chill out and enjoy life. Thanks to God for this precious gift of life for another day.

These articles started 'showing' after the Oroville Dam pictures showed for a few days.  My friends started asking me why I wasn't up there filling my pockets with gold.

Why so many articles?  Why so much hype?  Who is behind it?

Someone on another forum posted pictures of the engineers in the spillway ... beginning to fix it.  They were not prospecting and they are not going to let anyone near that area for many reasons.  Still it is put out there that there is easy gold.

When dirt moves so does gold.  Now go find it.  It is not 'easy.'  If it stops on a claim that is not yours then it is still not yours.  The rules have not changed.

Next story ...

7 minutes ago, explorer1 said:

No disrespect meant........... PVC boundary markers, then something else, now this? 

I feel as though I am walking into a lefty protest 

I would unleash some couple hundred rounds of 45 cal

Thats right explorer1, We dont want all you " tin pans" out here digging up our beautiful California creeks, and I dont like picking up decomposed pvc claim markers which is nothing short of littering by the locator. 

Us lefties also like to quote what people say, remove what is not threatening, then post it.   So now your threatening me with a big bore fifteen round 45 caliber automatic weapon ?.....

Ok , now i have to get back to the posters im making for the next anti-outdoorsman protest here in Mariposa

I hear stories of people walking around just picking up nuggets in Northern Cali and the next few months will be a huge gold rush as waters receed. Yes, heavy rains redistribute gold, but easy to find? Haha!:ROFL:

Californias new catch phrase is "Happy Prospectors" not "Happy Cows".

Edited by Alwaysdirty

4 hours ago, adam said:

Why hasnt this thread been nuked yet?   It has nothing to do with detecting....The original title is not for the video posted, and all the subsequent posts are meaningless.

Adam first and foremost you need to learn to count, we don't have 19 Moderators here at Nuggetshooters. second you need to learn to read and not only look for the pictures/videos.

The staff of Nuggetshooters and not you will determine which topics/posts will or will not be allowed and or removed!

Not that I need to explain to you why, I will, this topic hasn't been deleted because even though the video is about flooding and the actual story (if you even read it) at the link/title posted does indeed talk about gold being exposed/washout because of the flooding so the video is sorta a percusor to the gold being exposed.

Also the story as you pointed out doesn't seem to have anything to do with detecting......unless someone would later go out and detect the areas that were flooded and happened to find the exposed/washout gold from the floods, so it would seem that this topic is worhty of being in this forum section.

If the fact that the video doesn't exactly match the written/reported story and troubles you so greatly maybe you should contact Fox News and straighten them out!!!

• Like 2

On 3/17/2017 at 1:50 PM, adam said:

Why hasnt this thread been nuked yet?   It has nothing to do with detecting....The original title is not for the video posted, and all the subsequent posts are meaningless.

My take is that the Oroville spillway debacle probably washed a little gold around, but exposed hundreds of veins "Hidden for over 200 years"???  Got to admit that's pretty funny...as was the comment in the article that said something to the affect of washing gold out of old mineshafts...goes to show you that the media doesn't really care about accuracy, just  headlines and being able to grab readers attention with bogus stories.

OTOH, high water on the Sierra streams over the winter, might rearrange some overburden and even expose new patches of bedrock as well old channels...I'm planning on finally getting out and putting in some serious time in cleaning crevices this year...

• Like 6