Nugget Shooter Forums

Spring outting at lsd next weekend

So it's less than a week away!  Who's coming?  Is there a head count going already for side dishes?  I plan to be there on Friday afternoon and will bring some homemade potato salad as a side for the potluck.  Also a box of plasticware and some paper plates.  Hope to sread everyone out there.

• Like 1

Dad and I will be there....bringing sloppy joe/buns/onyon/cornbread

Tom H.

• Like 2

I am bringing a pot full of my chili ... HOWEVER ... just a slight warning I am going to put a bit more heat into it this year. I was a little disappointed how 'bland' it was last year. I would call last year a 'two alarm' chili ... this year I hope to call in a few more units to the fire pit with a 4 alarm ... most will be able to handle it in small quantities. Those of us who have acquired a 'taste' for the heat will still find it a bit lacking but yet satisfying ... or so I hope! By the way for those who aren't aware ... killing the fire of a jalapeno or even a habanero  chile 'pepper' is not done with water or tequila as has been rumored but with milk! Just saying! Maybe if I get ambitious I will make some corn bread to go with it. But will bring the chili for sure. 

Mike F

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ahorton10 said:

Im looking forward to the chilli Mike!   I don't plan to bring any milk so cerveza is gonna have to do the trick.

Love it! :thumbsupanimA good very cold 'amber' cerveza will certainly help ... 2- or 3 even better! 3 is my limit though ... old age has turned me into a cheap date ... ah drunk! LOL! :old:

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Ahorton10 said:

So it's less than a week away!  Who's coming?  Is there a head count going already for side dishes?  I plan to be there on Friday afternoon and will bring some homemade potato salad as a side for the potluck.  Also a box of plasticware and some paper plates.  Hope to sread everyone out there.

I'll be in the area early Saturday, probably see you guys at dinner. I still need to figure out a side, glad to hear you'll be there Adam!

• Like 1

Dodacious, Bro and I will be out Saturday afternoon... I'll whip up a batch or two of good ol' okie cornbread ... Look forward to seeing everyone... Cheers, Unc

• Like 3