Nugget Shooter Forums

New Record Broken

LukeJ

Time to get back to what most of us are here for.....    :thumbsupanim

A couple months back, I wandered into a sweet little patch.   We now call her "Tiny Tunes".   Thanks Andyy  :D

Here's a pic of my best day there.  Since then, a few dozen little nuggets have been taken by myself and a few friends.

I gained much experience with my detector by finding this place.  It certainly has been a game changer for me.

So now, so far,  I've found 8 in one day.....  :yesss:

Luke

20161018_131324.jpg

Nice Nuggs Luke...congrats... keep em coming.

Dave.

Good job and nice gold :thumbsupanim Mike C...:200: PS-2300 or 5000 ?

Just now, Mike C... said:

Good job and nice gold :thumbsupanim Mike C...:200: PS-2300 or 5000 ?

Look at those nuggets....   You tell me.   :4chsmu1:

Well since I have both Im going to say 5000 was the beeper used-Mike C...:200:

Really great that you have that area. Im proud of you :) You have persevered and have turned into quite a nugget hunter.

Congrats! :oregonian_winesmiley:

Oh BTW..........it aint your detector anymore :ROFL:

Tom H.

yeah....  My wife has laid claim to the 2300 after I took her there and she found a couple tiny dinks after just a few hours of swing time.   :brows:  :4chsmu1: :yesss:

Hers are on the bottom and mine on top.  The tiny one in the middle was found by eye while I was scraping the dirt away helping her retrieve her target.  I checked it with the SDC and it didn't give a response.  Plus, 'her nugget' was still in the hole.

20161126_155418.jpg

29 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

Well since I have both Im going to say 5000 was the beeper used-Mike C...:200:

It was the 2300, Mike.  But this experience and being able to involve my wife in it, laid the groundwork for getting the 5000.  :wee:

After she found her first nugget, she was over there, swinging away....   Then she blurts out, " I can see why you would want to do this all day long..."

Bingo !!  Hook, line, and sinker !!   :cowboypistol:

Luke

3 hours ago, TomH said:

Oh BTW..........it aint your detector anymore :ROFL:

Tom H.

He could have also meant that it isn't just the detector anymore but the detectorist.

Old Tom

3 hours ago, LukeJ said:

yeah....  My wife has laid claim to the 2300 after I took her there and she found a couple tiny dinks after just a few hours of swing time.   :brows:  :4chsmu1: :yesss:

Hers are on the bottom and mine on top.  The tiny one in the middle was found by eye while I was scraping the dirt away helping her retrieve her target.  I checked it with the SDC and it didn't give a response.  Plus, 'her nugget' was still in the hole.

20161126_155418.jpg

Way to go Luke, 

Is there a lot of exposed bedrock where you are finding those nuggets??  The reason that I am asking is if you can find a small nugget by eyesight there "may-be" many more hidden within the bedrock cracks and crevices that you can't see, especially considering the little-size of those ( pickers) nuggets, and the quantity that you appear to be finding with a metal detector.  So, you might do well to take a gold-vac and suck those cracks out as well as detect.  I had (still have) a patch where I could visibly see the very small gold nuggets laying within the cracks of the exposed bedrock while crawling on my hands and knees.  After I had detected the whole area very well and gotten all of the detectable-sized nuggets out I initially was plucking the small nuggets out with a pair of twizers.  But I could see so many that I took my gold vac in and really got serious about getting them out.  Then I panned out the concentrates.  It was well worth my effort.  Gary

6 hours ago, LukeJ said:

It was the 2300, Mike.  But this experience and being able to involve my wife in it, laid the groundwork for getting the 5000.  :wee:

After she found her first nugget, she was over there, swinging away....   Then she blurts out, " I can see why you would want to do this all day long..."

Bingo !!  Hook, line, and sinker !!   :cowboypistol:

Luke

My wife is the same but now it is on ME to get HER over gold ... even if I don't find any.  haha

It is a good problem.

Nice finds.

Mitchel

3 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

Way to go Luke, 

Is there a lot of exposed bedrock where you are finding those nuggets??  The reason that I am asking is if you can find a small nugget by eyesight there "may-be" many more hidden within the bedrock cracks and crevices that you can't see, especially considering the little-size of those ( pickers) nuggets, and the quantity that you appear to be finding with a metal detector.  So, you might do well to take a gold-vac and suck those cracks out as well as detect.  I had (still have) a patch where I could visibly see the very small gold nuggets laying within the cracks of the exposed bedrock while crawling on my hands and knees.  After I had detected the whole area very well and gotten all of the detectable-sized nuggets out I initially was plucking the small nuggets out with a pair of twizers.  But I could see so many that I took my gold vac in and really got serious about getting them out.  Then I panned out the concentrates.  It was well worth my effort.  Gary

Oh yeah, I've thought about that too...   :D

Congrats again on your recent finds Gary !

12 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Oh yeah, I've thought about that too...   :D

Congrats again on your recent finds Gary !

Those nuggets look just like the "majority" of the size-pickers that I was finding at my spot as well, but upon further "skimming" and clearing of overburden I began finding 1+ and 2+ gram nuggets :ROFL: hidden deep in bedrock-pockets that I would not have discovered had I not gone-beyond "just-using" my metal detector at surface-level. :brows:  It is hard to determine the layout of the bedrock bottom viewing the wash from the surface with overburden stacked up in curious places.   :idunno:  Gary

Archived