Nugget Shooter Forums

Don't you Love the Law ?

homefire

Juror Duty again this morning. Showed up at the Prescribed 10:00 AM. Sat around with my thumbs you know the saying for a hour. Hurried up and waited . Emm Just like in the Military. Out comes the Judge. The Opposing Teams had came to some agreement and the show was cancelled. My term of service ends 28 Feb 17 so today should be the LAST time for me. Boy they Really need to get there stuff together a bit better.   Today I caught a ride.   Sign says NO CELL PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A CELL PHONE LEAVE IT IN YOUR CAR.  Emm  New sign.  New Rule.  Last time I left a pack of cigarettes with the Guard because you can't have them, they got STOLEN !  LOL  Jacked by a Security Guard in a Court house ?  Did the Prospector thing. Stashed the phone under a pretty  Landscaping Rock.  Every Days a New Adventure.

HF

I've been lucky enough to have that happen to me 3 times now, first county jury duty, second state jury duty, third Federal jury duty (had to drive 90+ miles, one way for this one), all within 3 year period, each time we are there for 2 to 6 hours and then got dismissed and told Thank You you can go home now and given a very small check for our time, plus gas money depending on mileage driven to get there and back home.

The worst part was I dressed up very nice each time, even took a shower :brows:, and all for nothing!!:2mo5pow:

Use, cruden v Neale 2 NC 1796. Every native is independent from all laws, except those prescribed by nature. do no harm. natives are not bound by any institutions formed by men, who are apt to forget the benefactor, while they riot on the benefit.

1 hour ago, Au Seeker said:

I've been lucky enough to have that happen to me 3 times now, first county jury duty, second state jury duty, third Federal jury duty (had to drive 90+ miles, one way for this one), all within 3 year period, each time we are there for 2 to 6 hours and then got dismissed and told Thank You you can go home now and given a very small check for our time, plus gas money depending on mileage driven to get there and back home.

The worst part was I dressed up very nice each time, even took a shower :brows:, and all for nothing!!:2mo5pow:

A SHOWER ?   Are you a MAD Man ?  Was it in Jun or July ?  That might not be so bad.

What amazes me is the lousy pay.last time I was called in calif was dozens of years ago( you cannot thread a moving needle 5 times in 3 days and then call it rape) I got like $6 and told to never come back. I got'm goooood with my comment. What is the pay in New Mexico,AZ any others know??John