Nugget Shooter Forums

3-NUGGETS YESTERDAY,--2-MORE TODAY--"YAHOO!!!"

LowPoint

Considering that the weather was so "NICE" yesterday down in the desert (South of Prescott Valley) I decided to meander back down there again today as well.  I again managed to snag 2-more nuggets from the same area.  The larger round one was down about 18" on bedrock (had to do some real digging for that one).  The last 3-photos show the 5-nuggets that I have found yesterday and today (the top ones above the dime are from yesterday).  When I found the large round one today I figured that it weighed "less-than" the pendant-shaped one that I had found yesterday, but it turned out that it ( the round one weighed in at 3.24 grams) while the pendant-shaped one weighed 3.19 grams.  So, the total weight for all-5-nuggets is 7.62 grams, which (according to my calculations) is right at .155grams "Shy" of there being a quarter ounce,--- Boy how I like the sound those big nuggets make when you get real close to them!!!  They (all) where so covered in mud that I had to use my pin pointer  just to locate them, and the smallest one almost didn't set the pin pointer off at all.  All-in-all it was a very Good two-days.  Gary

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

• Like 9

Very nice! 
Now you can drop one and drop the other...then rattle them around :)
WTG :yesss:

Just curious....was it a spot you had been to before and the rains moved things around?
GL out there.
Tom H.

Nice back-to-back days, Gary.. :yesss:  My personal feeling is any time anyone digs much over 15" or so regardless of detector used chasing a good-sounding signal deserves a decent prize at the bottom of the hole.. Doesn't always work out that way, but just sayin'..

Much like Tom H, I too have a curiosity question: Did those finds come off a club claim, a private claim or open land..? Thanks..

Swamp

Beautiful gold Gary ... gotten somewhere SOUTH of PV! LOL! Rest up today and then go get a few in between the raindrops sunday and monday! You're on a roll ... keep it up!

Mike F

12 hours ago, TomH said:

Very nice! 
Now you can drop one and drop the other...then rattle them around :)
WTG :yesss:

Just curious....was it a spot you had been to before and the rains moved things around?
GL out there.
Tom H.

Hello Tom,

Yes, I have been to this "secret spot" many times, and have found about a dozen nuggets (over time) there.  But none of those previous nuggets have been even close-to the size and weight that these two are.  And "NO", the rains had not moved these at all, as both of them where laying (each one) deep in a pocket where the ridge of one hill met up with the ridge of an adjacent hill forming a "V" at the bottom.  They where both sunk deep in the bedrock  bottom, which was roughly 18" to 24" deep (I didn't have a tape measure, so that's approx.).  And it definitely took some hard-ass digging to get to them.  There was actually no sand in the wash at all; it was literally full of rocks of all shapes and sizes, some boulders, dark brown mud (dried) dirt, all of which had been "compacted" over time and due (I'm sure) to the mechanics of the many monsoon rains over time.  If I wouldn't have had a good pick, I wouldn't have been able to even get close-to these.  Gary   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Nice back-to-back days, Gary.. :yesss:  My personal feeling is any time anyone digs much over 15" or so regardless of detector used chasing a good-sounding signal deserves a decent prize at the bottom of the hole.. Doesn't always work out that way, but just sayin'..

Much like Tom H, I too have a curiosity question: Did those finds come off a club claim, a private claim or open land..? Thanks..

Swamp

I am a GPAA member, but there is a lot of very good open land out there, much to be explored, and much well worth the time and effort.  Gary

• Like 1

as both of them where laying (each one) deep in a pocket where the ridge of one hill met up with the ridge of an adjacent hill forming a "V" at the bottom

Sounds like some time for hillside/ridge hunting :)
Go geeet some more!
Tom H.