Nugget Shooter Forums

I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

LowPoint

"BOY WHAT A BEUTIFUL DAY IT WAS DOWN IN THE DESERT TODAY!!!"   60 degrees by 9am, and then upward to the low 70's by 1 to 3pm.  Couldn't have had a more beautiful day,......did all you guys miss it???  Managed to snag these three for 3.95 grams total.  The bigger one I had to dig down almost 1-1/2 ft to get to it.  But with it being 3.19 grams, it was worth it.  Gary 

004.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

• Like 9

Congrats Gary! Thats some nice looking stuff. :thumbsupanim

How many times have you dropped the big one in the palm of your hand playing with it? :)

Nice day for sure.
Tom H.

WOW NICE FINDS. We had 6" of rain in 2 days,lightning,thunder and hail hail rock and roll...drought what drought? we don't got no stinkn' drought....or Oroville dam going away also...scary stuff as will make 1997 massive flood look like a picnic-google and behold the might of mother nature AMAZING-John

Hey Gary ... Just curious but by desert are you talking up here around PV or are you a lot further south? Missed yesterday but may go out over to Soldier Boy later this afternoon just to poke around a bit. Have suffer through the brush using my 7000 cause I had to send my SDC ... which is my usual Soldier Boy/JJ claims tool ... back to Minelab for repairs. Nice gold ... and at a foot and a half you certainly earned it!

Mike F

21 hours ago, TomH said:

Congrats Gary! Thats some nice looking stuff. :thumbsupanim

How many times have you dropped the big one in the palm of your hand playing with it? :)

Nice day for sure.
Tom H.

Quite a number of times Tom.  Actually, I found a bigger one today (my latest post), so now I'm dropping both of them in the palm of my hand together so that I can register the weight-experience to remember for leaner-times.  :brows:  Gary

8 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

Hey Gary ... Just curious but by desert are you talking up here around PV or are you a lot further south? Missed yesterday but may go out over to Soldier Boy later this afternoon just to poke around a bit. Have suffer through the brush using my 7000 cause I had to send my SDC ... which is my usual Soldier Boy/JJ claims tool ... back to Minelab for repairs. Nice gold ... and at a foot and a half you certainly earned it!

Mike F

Hello Mike, 

I don't consider the areas around Prescott Valley to be much of a desert, as opposed to the desert-like areas down around Cleator, Bumble Bee, the Black Canyon, and the areas south and west of that.  I just posted another two that I found today.  The bigger-round one was also down pretty deep,..about 18-20" down.  Gary

hi Gary ... I agree with the PV description but I knew you lived up this way ... if not now at some time not long along ago. Sounds like you hunt some of the areas in general that I hunt as well. We should get together for a hunt one of these days and compare notes. I really like the east bradshaw areas... and tend to favor going there more than anywhere else. Would not be surprised if we crossed paths at one point or so and not realized it. LOL! Headed out for a week of fishing the lower Colorado come thursday so long as my furnace blower motor comes in and I can install it before hand. Have it all apart and motor is ordered ... hopefully arrives monday. Love fishing out of my kayak this time of year down near Cibola.

Mike F

12 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

Hello Mike, 

I don't consider the areas around Prescott Valley to be much of a desert, as opposed to the desert-like areas down around Cleator, Bumble Bee, the Black Canyon, and the areas south and west of that.  I just posted another two that I found today.  The bigger-round one was also down pretty deep,..about 18-20" down.  Gary

Those areas amaze me, even with all the traffic there is plenty of targets left. I was down around there last weekend, literally right off the main road on my way out I hit a little trib and found it full of lead. No way that has been detected very well, it was mostly bb's and a few slugs.

2 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Those areas amaze me, even with all the traffic there is plenty of targets left. I was down around there last weekend, literally right off the main road on my way out I hit a little trib and found it full of lead. No way that has been detected very well, it was mostly bb's and a few slugs.

Where you driving a white Chevy or Ford pickup?  If so I saw one parked not far off the main road on my way back to Prescott Valley.  And, if we are talking about the same area down there, finding loads of bb's, birdshot, and lead is common due to the ease of access by all the Phoenix gun-totters who take sheer delight in filling the hills full of lead.  I know exactly where I'd like to have them stick their frig'n gun muzzles.

3 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

hi Gary ... I agree with the PV description but I knew you lived up this way ... if not now at some time not long along ago. Sounds like you hunt some of the areas in general that I hunt as well. We should get together for a hunt one of these days and compare notes. I really like the east bradshaw areas... and tend to favor going there more than anywhere else. Would not be surprised if we crossed paths at one point or so and not realized it. LOL! Headed out for a week of fishing the lower Colorado come thursday so long as my furnace blower motor comes in and I can install it before hand. Have it all apart and motor is ordered ... hopefully arrives monday. Love fishing out of my kayak this time of year down near Cibola.

Mike F

Hello Mike,

Yes, I live in Prescott Valley, but really haven't had much luck hunting the east Bradshaw areas, so I don't hunt there much.  I am a GPAA member, but haven't found the two club claims in that area to be of any value.  As for getting together for a hunt,--That's a possibility??, but I have always  been kind of a Maverick and loner, choosing to operate in stealth-mode.  But, if you think that you can shed some light on a decent (worth while and "proven") place to explore on the east side of the Bradshaw's maybe we can meet up and make a go of it together, and both bring some gold back???  Gary

6 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

Mike F

Hi Mike,

I moved to PV just over a year ago and am always looking to meet other like-minded individuals to prospect with. I do some metal detecting (SDC 2300 & GMT) and drywashing (Keene 151). If you want, shoot me a PM and I will send you my phone number.

Ray S.

5 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

Where you driving a white Chevy or Ford pickup?  If so I saw one parked not far off the main road on my way back to Prescott Valley.  And, if we are talking about the same area down there, finding loads of bb's, birdshot, and lead is common due to the ease of access by all the Phoenix gun-totters who take sheer delight in filling the hills full of lead.  I know exactly where I'd like to have them stick their frig'n gun muzzles.

Lol! Wasnt me, I'm rollin a 95' Bronco. The slugs I found weren't real old. Most of the bb's however seemed much older, you know, the whiteish or stained ones that look like the bedrock they have been stuck in forever.