Nugget Shooter Forums

Best for nuggets.. gold bug 2 or x-terra 705 ???

tomleft

I don't own either machine, but.....

Gold bug 2 is the answer you are looking for.

I'm sure the 'others' will elaborate.

Good luck !!

Luke

• Like 2

If you can afford one- you cant go wrong Buying a Minelab PI the Real Deeper Beeper :arrowheadsmiley: Butttt if you insist about one of the 2 you mentioned GB 2 would be my choice -then when you get sick of the pips- pops-groans and boings from all the minerals and rocks you could move over to the dark side and buy a Deeper Beeper:th: Mike C...:200:

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 1

Tomleft

My best guess on this, it really depends on the area. Minelab PI #1. I always say the right tool for the job. If money is not a problem, Minelab SDC 2300. In some areas if your on a budget and a lot of small gold GB2. In deeper larger gold areas the Minelab 7000,5000,X-Terra.
Ive seen a lot of areas that weren't detectable but loaded with fine gold. Get out the dry-washer. Right tool for the job. AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

John

Where talking Az here. AzNuggetBob

Tom

I have a Goldbug 2 and my friend runs a 705. Big difference between the two. The 705 is a great machine but it doesn't seem to have the sensitivity to the small "fly poo" sized gold like the GB2. That 6 inch coil on the GB is amazing. But it also loses depth. The 705 seems a little more challenging to get set up "to me" than the GB, but in some ground it runs smoother. Don't get me wrong, 99 percent of the time we run our 5000s but we do have spots where we run the 705 and the Goldbug. Both great machines, you just have to know your areas you will be working and what kind or size of gold your hunting. By kind I mean nuggets or specimen gold. That's another area the GB shines in. That 6 inch coil loves specimen gold. Again, this all just my opinion from being able to use both detectors where I hunt. Good luck to ya.

Dan

• Like 1