Nugget Shooter Forums

Cold Gold update

TomH

Got out today with Dad,Dave and James to go over James wash and hit some others. James had to leave this one in a hurry last week as we were blowing the horn for him to come back in. Dave and James went and hit the upper end and let Dad hit the lower end that James scooted over real fast. I hit another parallel wash and came up empty handed.

James was able to get three more out of it and when we met he wanted me to go over the lower end with my 13x17 evolution coil.  They actually were just whispers to start with. Some on the side and some in the gut. I got 4 at 3.5 grams :) They were all around 8 inches deep. Big one was a bit deeper.
This gold is really pretty, nice and bright for some reason.

Great day out with friends and the good Lord blessed us with gold AGAIN!:yesss:

Tom H.

SAM_1453.JPG

• Like 7

Nice !!

Now you guys are on a roll....    :yesss:

Can't wait to see the results of the next trip in there.

:thumbsupanim

Luke

• Like 1

What everyone else has said..! :yesss:

I have to tell ya: Based on the larger two It's my belief y'all need to either go back in there with deeper seeking machines or do some major kicking around, as in some sort of push, pull and/or drag.. Possibly just even slower than you're already sweeping might do the trick (I don't know enough about signal boosters to say, but them too..)  Methinks there's many more where those bad boys came from, meaning down, which could also = sideways.. All ya need to do is compare them against the others to see those have just been sitting down there, waiting, waiting..

Now go get 'em..! :black_knight_standing: :Diggin_a_hole: :wee:

Swamp

Edited by Swampstomper Al
  • Like 2

Oh yeah Dave, but you are going to be digging deep and past that fractured bedrock because those buggers are dug in and hanging on by their ears.  The fine stuff must be pretty deep when you have to crack the bedrock two or three times to get to a nuggie.  Yeah it's pretty damp down that far also.  It's gonna take a while to dry out.  I think that cracking it and vacuuming it out, and a pail of water to rinse the fractured bedrock in.  Running a few buckets in Tom's trammel might give a glimpse of just what's in there. 

Old Tom

Edited by Old Tom
  • Like 3

Hey Dave and Tom,

Based on your comments about your nugget location it sounds like one I found up here around Lynx Creek a number of years ago.  In my area the gradient was pretty flat as well, and had tons of black sand (magnetite).  I started off finding nice large nuggets like the biggest that you photo'd, then many others in the smaller range as you pictured.  Considering the flatness of the gradient, I'll bet there is a lot of smaller gold in there that has dropped and settled because of the flatness (there definitely was in my wash).  I took sections of my wash (a little at a time) out by clearing off overburden with a pick and shovel.  I would start at centerline of the wash and clear a 3' wide by 6' long stretch (my wash was wider than yours) down to within about an inch or 2 of hitting bedrock.  Then I would run my Minelab with a small and very sensitive coil over that section.  That way I could get the detectable-sized nuggets (large, medium and picker-size out that where close-to and / or within bedrock.  Then, as soon as I could, I would bring my gold vac down and suck all the fines right out of the remaining bedrock.  This I would take home and pan out.  I (in essence) left nothing for someone else to find.  I use this procedure throughout the entire wash, stopping once I found that the gold streak had run out.  My wash was (mostly) dry, so the gold vac worked great.  My wash definitely kept me busy, and in some exposed bedrock spots I could actually see and pick out small gold nuggets and flakes with my naked eyes.  I must have looked kind of weird on my hands and knees plucking small nuggets with a pair of tweezers, but there many of them.  Hope it turns out well for you guys down there.  Gary       

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

Hey Dave and Tom,

Based on your comments about your nugget location it sounds like one I found up here around Lynx Creek a number of years ago.  In my area the gradient was pretty flat as well, and had tons of black sand (magnetite).  I started off finding nice large nuggets like the biggest that you photo'd, then many others in the smaller range as you pictured.  Considering the flatness of the gradient, I'll bet there is a lot of smaller gold in there that has dropped and settled because of the flatness (there definitely was in my wash).  I took sections of my wash (a little at a time) out by clearing off overburden with a pick and shovel.  I would start at centerline of the wash and clear a 3' wide by 6' long stretch (my wash was wider than yours) down to within about an inch or 2 of hitting bedrock.  Then I would run my Minelab with a small and very sensitive coil over that section.  That way I could get the detectable-sized nuggets (large, medium and picker-size out that where close-to and / or within bedrock.  Then, as soon as I could, I would bring my gold vac down and suck all the fines right out of the remaining bedrock.  This I would take home and pan out.  I (in essence) left nothing for someone else to find.  I use this procedure throughout the entire wash, stopping once I found that the gold streak had run out.  My wash was (mostly) dry, so the gold vac worked great.  My wash definitely kept me busy, and in some exposed bedrock spots I could actually see and pick out small gold nuggets and flakes with my naked eyes.  I must have looked kind of weird on my hands and knees plucking small nuggets with a pair of tweezers, but there many of them.  Hope it turns out well for you guys down there.  Gary       

Gary:
 Dave wants to drywash it once it dries out. Some washes still had water in them in the area.

I think Dad and I will watch............I love to WATCH other people dig/drywash :)

It is fun though to bring a couple of buckets home, run through the trommel and see whats in the pan.
There are still a lot more washes in the area to hit.

Tom H.

• Like 2