Nugget Shooter Forums

SDC made this noob look good!

Pyledriver

I just got back from central Az after my first hunt with the SDC2300. Weather was bad and we didn't get to hunt as much as we wanted to but the SDC still produced! Our first hunt was 1.5hrs and I found my first nugget with a detector! The next day we went to a buddy's claim north of Rich Hill where I found 5 more! The last hunt was a few hours in the sleet and snow and I squeaked out one more nugget from bedrock on another claim. I'd say the SDC is a definite keeper! This was my fourth trip to Arizona and hopefully I'm getting the hang of things. All nuggets were small, but maybe a lunker is in my future at some point! Six muddy little nuggets for now!

IMG_1199.JPG

• Like 13

Hey! Congrats on the gold:yesss:

The SCD is a really great machine. Your going to like it even more as you go along. Ive seen some small stuff pulled up with it.

Your doing really good if you got gold from the Rich hill area :)
Congrats again and Good luck out there.
Tom H.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'll second that....    Congrats !!   :thumbsupanim

Looks like the kinds of nuggets I've been finding from time to time....  :4chsmu1:

Well done !!  

Luke

• Like 1

I have a 2300 and am always amazed how small of pieces it will locate. I found a tiny piece I would call a flake, not a nugget. It was standing up-right about 6 inches deep in bedrock that I had to chisel out.    

• Like 1

I hope to get back out within the next couple months! I'll definitely be working the bedrock again but also hope to try a couple new things I've been reading about. I have google earth images, topo maps and geologic maps that will hopefully help finding new or out of the way spots in some of the areas we go! So much to learn..

• Like 1

That's a nickname given to me years ago because of an incident where I lost my temper, lol! I'm not like that anymore but the name just stuck! I actually am somewhat familiar with dirtwork on a small scale since I have a landscaping business where I do lots of stonework, concrete and retaining walls...but no piles have to be driven. I hope to get back out to Az and maybe find some bigger gold soon!

Great work with SDC.  I purchased my SDC when it first became available and initially had excellent success on a "worked out" club claim in Montana.  Since then many club members have acquired SDC detectors and have hit the claim hard.   As a result my production has dropped off this summer.  My prospecting  cohort purchased an evolution coil for his 5000 this spring and he did really well this summer finding many "SDC size nuggets".  Many were at depths I could not match with SDC and, in addition, he bagged a 5.4 gram beauty.  Clearly developing technology allows us new successes in old areas but new technology is expensive and this hobby is already expensive.  The most prolific member of our club is reportedly now carrying two detectors when he hunts.  I have trouble carrying one.

• Like 2

Thanks! I almost bought a 4500 instead of this machine, and I do wonder about that evolution coil! I'm happy so far with the SDC and hope to get in a backpacking adventure or two with it at some point. I do have a trip in the planning stages that involves dirt bike access so we'll see!