Nugget Shooter Forums

I've had enough....

We just broke 44" here in N. Redding and getting SLAMMED by wind, rain and rock hard hail in between...drought? DROUGHT?? We ain't got no stinkn' drought as my bud in truckee is buried in 22+' of snow as roads out, electricity out and so much snow most lifts can't run under the snow AND the electricity has been going out for days......wow a record setter all over-John

I wish we would get some rain to melt some of this snow. I'm with ya guys. I'm ready for a break. 3 feet plus around the house and 8 feet plus up where I work. 25 foot plus snow drifts. I WANT A BREAK LOL. Not as bad as the Sierra's but come on. Take care out there everyone.

8 minutes ago, homefire said:

Just enough rain to make life miserable.  It's that flipping COLD Ugly Wind that's the issue.

Yep...I had to repair my awning earlier this year and the wind blowing the rain sideways makes it harder to keep my wood dry...

Wish it was doing that above Lake Mead! :)
Tom H.

I have had enough....damned rain has kept me away from nuggethunting ...:idunno: . The dirt/clay roads I can usually drive...are dangerous...so I am unable to go to places I usually do. My total gold count since dec. is 2 small nuggets....don't total up to half a gram....:cry2:. So I am running behind last year's count, hopefully by end of year...Iam above the average.

Dan - I think you sent all the rain our way.  I think I've had plans to go out the last 4 weekends only to have rain in the forecast ... over... and over ...again.  it's starting to feel like the twilight zone.  Just doesn't happen like that around here.

Well send it this way Andy. I'll take the rain to melt this white stuff. Should be a water filled spring though. Good for the highbanking and dredging.

Yeah I got family over the hill. It's been bad. Thought we were going to have to go bail them out. 

1 hour ago, nugget108 said:

Yeah I got family over the hill. It's been bad. Thought we were going to have to go bail them out. 

My old dredging partner was managing a resort along the Mokolemne river just northwest of Stockton and I lost contact with him a couple weeks ago...the last I heard, he was in his fifth wheel parked on top of a levee....he's a survivor, so I'm not worried.

Dan I hear ya. been watchin the weather and the snow fall east of the sierras into Nv. for some time now. another huge low coming off Oregon/Washinton state. The weather has been crazy this year.
We are breaking records this year too, from hot to cold and odd times of year. but nothing like Cali and Nv. Take care up there.
AzNuggetBob

We got about another 1.75" last night....the good news is that we're only supposed to have "scattered showers" the next few days....with all the snow we've got up in the hills, we just better hope that we don't get a warm "March Miracle" like we did in 86....

Figured I'd throw in a pic or two from today's plowing job at home. Can't detect in this crud. Supposed to catch a break for a week or so. Highs in the 30s coming in guess.

20170124_134110.jpg

20170124_125149.jpg

20170124_125145.jpg

On 1/23/2017 at 11:04 AM, nugget108 said:

Your right Bob, just storm after storm. Great for the spring runoff though.

Hey Dan I agree. we just got a bunch of rain with snow in north Az. The drywashers are going to be mothballing them for a while but as soon as it dry's a bit the swingin is going to be great, with a lot of new gold.
I love swinging damp ground.  :thumbsupanim AzNuggetBob

I wanna be whiney too!! 

On my 5th hour of shoveling snow and breaking up ice here in Sedona. Its terrible! I left Colorado because of this crap. Every single one of my weekends for the last couple months has either been ruined by bad weather, sickness or friggin work. Going absolutely crazy here not being able to prospect. I was all gunhoe to drywash this winter and thats out the window. Arggghhh!!:2mo5pow::grr01::grr01: