Nugget Shooter Forums

A couple of more cool things

Here are a couple of things that were too cool to leave behind. The 1st on is a reducer for a hydraulic rig. Not sure about the second or third but possibly a VW hubcap and some detected gold or brass.

000_2884.JPG

000_2878.JPG

000_2853.JPG

Thanks John

Au Seeker Dore Bars?

It has a red color on the out side but when you scratch it is is yellow and shinny. the place I scratched a few years ago has never tarnished. I found it in a real trashy area of and area that has mostly a lot of fine gold. Where and what would I get to do a streak test?

42 minutes ago, fishing8046 said:

Thanks John

Au Seeker Dore Bars?

It has a red color on the out side but when you scratch it is is yellow and shinny. the place I scratched a few years ago has never tarnished. I found it in a real trashy area of and area that has mostly a lot of fine gold. Where and what would I get to do a streak test?

A dore bar is when the miners melted all of their gold into a bar, it wasn't refining so any impurities and other metals such as silver, copper, etc, would still be there in the bar, simply melting into a bar so to consolidate all the raw gold and making it easier to transport without bits and pieces getting lost, etc.

For a streak plate you can use the underside of a toliet tank lid, or any unglazed portion of a piece of ceramic, such as the bottom rim of a coffee cup, etc.

Brass will leave a brassy/brown streak whereas gold will leave a shiny gold streak.