Nugget Shooter Forums

Does anyone know about Shep's condition and the situation of his crash?????  I sure hope he's OK....Anything we can do?  Cheers, Unc

More info?

Shep is home and safe.  I've talked to him a few times, and he is doing fine.  A bit sore, but that's about it. 

Didn't really need to all get out, but I'm okay. Headed for Q, left home about 9:30 Wednesday evening (left early cause stomach was junk and couldn’t sleep). Drove about 8 hours, got tired so I stopped a rest stop and napped for about 2 ½ hours. Got something to eat and drink and took off. ½ hour later, about 44 miles west of Needles got sleepy again. Was going to fuel up in Needles and nap again. Didn’t make it, fell asleep, woke up going off road into the center divider on I-40.at 61mph (cruise control was set). Went 30-40 yards till I hit one of those cross-overs between east and west routes. TH is totaled and truck we’ll have to see, but I’m okay. Appreciate the concerns.

Shep sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm very HAPPY to hear you're OK!!

Wow! Glad your ok though...Thank God for airbags and the safety features of new vehicles.

Tom H.

Heard rumors you crashed Shep ... Glad to hear you're OK! Body and mind intact! ... Check!!! Trailer can be replaced ... Check! Truck can be fixed! ... Check! ... Thank you insurance! 

Let us know if you need help with anything!

Mike F

We do some questionable things sometimes Shep, but I'm glad that the good Lord is watching out for you.  How could we replace you man? 

Old Tom 

Wow. At least you are OK Shep. Someone was watching over you. 

Glad you're ok Shep...now we can talk about all that beer we owe each other :-)

I've been in a major crash too.... I can just imagine what it was like. Glad you survived!

Shep, 

First off, glad to hear you are OK. That scenario you described could have went horribly worse than what it did and you are very lucky to be talking about it.

Stay safe Shep, recoup and see you in the Gold fields.

Hey Shep

Hope your doing ok. dont know ya personally but I do like your posts. take care

AzNuggetBob

Shep, sorry to read about your accident but glad that you will be ok. Donna and I are going to Quartzite in the morning. I will have you in my thoughts on the way. John

Just logged on and saw this.....  You are ok and that is what counts, like Mike said the other stuff can be replaced.  Glad you are ok.  

Jeff

Glad to hear your ok as us old miners are some tough sobsssssss.John

Good to hear you're ok..!

Swamp

Very glad you made it through that experience, Shep.  I have read many of your posts and appreciate your skill.  Get back at it soon!

Bugler

On 1/15/2017 at 10:26 AM, shep said:

Didn't really need to all get out, but I'm okay. Headed for Q, left home about 9:30 Wednesday evening (left early cause stomach was junk and couldn’t sleep). Drove about 8 hours, got tired so I stopped a rest stop and napped for about 2 ½ hours. Got something to eat and drink and took off. ½ hour later, about 44 miles west of Needles got sleepy again. Was going to fuel up in Needles and nap again. Didn’t make it, fell asleep, woke up going off road into the center divider on I-40.at 61mph (cruise control was set). Went 30-40 yards till I hit one of those cross-overs between east and west routes. TH is totaled and truck we’ll have to see, but I’m okay. Appreciate the concerns.

That road from Barstow/Yermo to Needles is one of the most boring at night.  I'm glad it was not worse.  Lu and I wish you the best.

Mitchel

Oh my, Shep! I'm so very thankful you are okay! You're definitely irreplaceable! Hope your insurance takes care of the rest of the damage so you will be able to make it back out here for the next outing. Take care!

Lisa