Nugget Shooter Forums
Oregal1976

My 2017 New Year's Wish Came True

Today's weather was just about as perfect as it could possibly be, so I ventured out on my first nugget hunt of the year with a friend to put my GB Pro to work. Lo and behold, it delivered... Not just once, but 3 times! Yep, today was an awesome day because I found my first actual detector nuggets. :D

Lisa

First Nuggets 2017.jpg

• Like 19

Way to go!!!!! Not one but 3 nuggets for your 1st!!!  That,s way more exciting then an up town Saturday night !!

DAVE

• Like 1

Congrats! The first ones are always the hardest to find. Hope this breaks the ice for you and you find many more.

• Like 1

Should we say the beginning of your 2017 Wish came true?  Now that you know how to do it ... more should follow!

WTG

Mitchel

• Like 1

Thank you Dave and Matt! I can't begin to describe how thrilled I was to find the first one. The tiny one was the second one I found. At first I thought it was some kind of tiny seed until i got the mud off of it and saw the shine. The third one was the larger of the three and by then I was over the moon! I'm really amazed that I was able to hear them through damp, highly mineralized dirt, but they rang out crisp and clear.

• Like 2

Comgratulations Lisa!!:yesss:

Not only did you find your first nugget, but your first 2017 nugget and one for a belated birthday present as well, and it was your first time kicking the skunk's butt, wooohooo!! :thumbsupanim

You should be unstoppable now!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mn90403 said:

Should we say the beginning of your 2017 Wish came true?  Now that you know how to do it ... more should follow!

WTG

Mitchel

Thanks, Mitchel! I'm definitely a believer now that I've killed the skunk and have a first find under my belt.

Very Nice !!!! Looks like a great way to start 2017, hope you get many more throughout the year..

Dave.

• Like 1

Ha! T'was like Merry-Christmas-Happy-Birthday-Happy-New-Year all rolled into one today! I'm totally stoked!

• Like 2

Thanks, Dave! I hope so too... I'd love to at least have the GB pay for itself, then set my sights on a solid Minelab PI for the deeper nugs. (So maybe I'll get to run with the big dogs! LOL)  I may have started out small, but it all adds up My gut feeling is that there are bigger and better finds still yet to come this year...

Lisa

• Like 1

Very nice Lisa !!   :yesss:  WTG

I expect you're going to see more of those in the future...

Congratulations !!   :thumbsupanim

Luke

Edited by LukeJ
  • Like 1

I told you that the Gold Bug Pro would work out for you.  That is what I use and if you listen to it right it will bring you to a lot more.  Happy for you gal.

Old Tom

Well how about that and the best part is now you know without a doubt you can find nuggets. It actually gets or at least seems easier after you break the ice. Congrats!

• Like 2

Woohoo!! Congrats on your finds!!!!! :yesss: Keep them coming Oregal!!!

• Like 1

Great job Lisa ... That GB Pro is a great VLF detector and seems like you have at last mastered what it is saying to you. See you at Bill's outing in March if not before ... Max is looking at working on his grilling skills! LOL!

Mike F

• Like 1

Way to go 'gal. It will get easier to find more now that the skunk is gone. What coil were you using, the round 5" or one of the oblong coils ? John.

• Like 1

WoW.   Your in like Flint.   I'd be all kinds of Skippy finding those.    Good job.

• Like 1

Great way to start the year and now you must find all their relatives also-kudos on the firsts-John:brows:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jpuisis said:

Way to go 'gal. It will get easier to find more now that the skunk is gone. What coil were you using, the round 5" or one of the oblong coils ? John.

Thanks, John! I was using the 5" round coil this time around.

What Detector ?

On 1/9/2017 at 0:37 AM, Old Tom said:

I told you that the Gold Bug Pro would work out for you.  That is what I use and if you listen to it right it will bring you to a lot more.  Happy for you gal.

Old Tom

Yes, you did and you were right! I admit it was a bit tricky getting it ground balanced in a damp and very heavily mineralized area, but once I got it to settle down there was no mistaking the crisp "zip-zip" sound those tiny nuggets made.

• Like 2