Nugget Shooter Forums

Lots of Hiking and a Little Hunting

Went out exploring yesterday in an area I kind of forgot about over the years until a friend reminded me last year and we got some gold together, went back in yesterday and tried a bit higher up and got these 2, both were about 7 inches down wedged in the bedrock. Took a little work because bedrock was solid, but got them....

1-7-17.jpg

• Like 15

Nice pickers but them hands wow what a lifeline....hard work'll do it to ya AND put a big ol'smile on you too-kudos-John

23 minutes ago, Hoser John said:

Nice pickers but them hands wow what a lifeline....hard work'll do it to ya AND put a big ol'smile on you too-kudos-John

Is the lifeline good or bad John? :idunno:

Nice work Bill :)
Glad you got some swinging in and found gold!
Tom H.

Nice finds Bill.   :thumbsupanim

Luke

Thanks for sharing Bill! You guys are keeping the hope alive for me as I haven't been out hardly all year, finally was able to make plans for this weekend and then got horrible food poisoning Friday night.:sickbyc:    So next weekend it is, if it doesn't rain or i have to go into stinkin work again...

• Like 1

Hey Bill, nice look'n nuggets.  I know what you mean about "lots of hiking".  Is it my imagination, or are we having to hike in a lot farther to get to gold...Or is it just me (as I can relate to this)???  Gary

Gary ... Distance is the same ... only variable we are all getting older! LOL! Kidding of course ... yes we are having to go further out to find easier ... not I did not say EASY gold ... Still finding a few pieces here and there on pounded ground but few and far between. Get a good pair of hikers and go forth into the wildernees!!!

Mike F

Way to go, Bill.. :thumbsupanim
A nice reminder that bigger isn't always necessarily better..
The ones that make you really work to get at are always among the most memorable finds..

Swamp

• 3 weeks later...