Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Nugget Head Fish

Uncle Ron

If anyone is into aquariums in the Wickenburg vicinity, we have an abundance of unusual gold nugget head fish that we have bred between red molly and panda molly...They are very cool...The two original breeders died, but the babies have grown and bred and just won't stop doing the beast with two backs gig... From our original two, we now have about 100++ and will be happy to give some to anyone who would like them ... They are very cool fish ... And they keep doin' the wild thing and we keep having more babies appear every few days... Just give me a PM if you're interested... Cheers, Unc

Gold Nugget Head Fish.jpg

• Like 1

Did some studying on them today and they are formally called Gold Doubloon Mollies... And they can live in both salt water and fresh water tanks ... Ours are in fresh ... Turns out these critters are horndogs and they do a cool display of fin and tail flashing when they are in the mood ... The biggest male is the dominant one that does most of the breeding, and he can service many females ... Our big stud bull Nugget head has females chasing him constantly!  Fun to learn this stuff ... Let me know when you want some... We're getting 1 or 2 batches born every day...Cheers, Unc

Dodacious and I went into PetSmarts a couple days ago and asked about them and they said they are very hard to find for pet stores ... Fish lady said she likes them for their hardiness and cool colors ... We checked into selling some but the hassles are ridiculous... Govt has to inspect and approve, etc., etc. ..We're not interested in selling them, although a price check I did today says we currently have about $1,000 worth from an original garage sale investment of less than $30, including tank, pump, filters, etc. ...Actually, this is Dodacious' gig, but must admit I'm kinda getting interested as I learn more ... Anyhow off still stands , anyone local who wants a few are welcome to come get them... Cheers, Unc

Had some extra time yesterday after PT so hit pet Smart also. They had them here in Redding also and babies galore..real horn dogs for sure. $2.59 was low but when they reproduce like that wow. made some great coin in the 70s selling sail fin, black lyre tail mollies as rare back then and they LOVE to eat their own babies. Pretty flashy critters for sure. John

• Like 1