Nugget Shooter Forums

XRF Guns

Cheers:

In several posts I have seen recommendations to have a suspect rock scanned with an XRF analyzer. This is a toy that I have yet to convince the wife I need to have, but I have a workable angle. If said XRF unit would also work as a "Lead Paint Analyzer" I could justify it, and get a whole week out of town going to school for another certification. 

Anyone familiar with the guns preferred / used by folks that evaluate your specimens? I am liking this one; Niton™ XL3t GOLDD+ XRF Analyzer, but waiting on the company to let me know if if can be modded for lead. 

Desertson,

I use an Olympus Delta, great on Meteorites and Lead .... but mighty expensive. There are a lot of sites online that will do an xrf test on samples you send them for a small fee.

Dave

Edited by DolanDave

The one I use does lead, gold, silver, iron, nickel, and tons more other metals. Had to pay for the program for it though, rrrrrrr.. :2mo5pow:

The nice thing about certifications is often they have to be kept up or additional education added to. Which for years has allowed me all kind of Golfing, errrrr training vacations.