Nugget Shooter Forums

Hey Uncle Ron....an update

middleforkminer2

Thanks for passing on your knowledge about the "tart" cherry juice....it's still working.  A couple weeks ago, things got hectic around here and I ran out of the stuff.  I kept forgetting about it until it was too late.  This past Monday my knees got a mild workout and by noon, they were killing me...by 4 pm I had a bottle and chugged down about double the dose....the following morning, things were much better and today I'm back to normal...I had almost forgotten how painful that stuff is. I've missed daily doses from time to time with no ill effects...but apparently a two week stretch is too long...thanks again.

Tom

On 12/14/2016 at 5:15 PM, Uncle Ron said:

That's great! ... I space my doses regularly and pay for it in pain....Glad it works for you too! ... Cheers, Unc

Have you noticed any difference between any of the juices?  Back when I first tried it, I bought a four pack of regular juice...once I seen how well it worked, I started buying the concentrate....the last couple weeks I've been buying regular juice again because my local source is out of the concentrate and it "feels" like the regular juice might work a little better...I wonder if the "concentrating" process might be taking a little bit of "the cure" out....any thoughts?

I've only found two different brands and they both seem to work the same, although one tastes a little better than the other...Pain relief seems the same.   Both say made from concentrate and they don't have any other ingredients, no added sugar, etc. ...   Cheers, Unc

Edited by Uncle Ron

I think all of the regular juice is from concentrate, I have both regular and concentrate and really can't tell any difference in the two.

I got the concentrate as a backup for when I run out of the regular.

You can also add the concentrate to other drinks instead of water, certain foods and or desserts (it's excellent with ice cream) and get your daily dose that way as well, I never add it to anything that gets cooked or heated in case the heat will affect the juice's natural affect on the body.

If you can ever wander by a TrADER JOe's, they have red  tart cherry juice, too, but it's not from concentrate.

Any off the shelf juiice will have been pasturized at bottling so I  wouldn't stress too much about heating it.  It's $3.99 a quart and is full of sediment needing shaking before pouring over ice and vodka- er, just ice... vodka is for limes:oregonian_winesmiley:

I ordered some off ebay yesterday....8-46 Oz. bottles for $42.50.  A brand I haven't seen out here...When our local whole foods dealer gets the concentrate back in stock, I'll pick a couple of bottles up for a reserve.   I know it doesn't work for everybody, but for me, it's been a lifesaver.

No, it's NOT a cure...but two weeks ago this coming monday, I could barely walk...I'd went about a full two weeks without any juice before the pain got that bad...I have to admit I do have bad days even when I've been drinking it every day, but the pain and stiffness is no where near as bad as it gets when I've been dry for a while...

On 12/22/2016 at 9:12 PM, Au Seeker said:

I think all of the regular juice is from concentrate,

I looked at the bottle I'm currently drinking from  and it says "made from fresh squeezed not concentrate". :idunno: I guess when I get the new juice I need to pay attention and see if I can notice a difference...

It's really good to hear the cherry juice works / continues working for you Tom (and everyone else who recently got with that program following the original posting around this time last year,) and a mighty big THANK YOU once again to Uncle Ron, who posted the initial reply about the product and its benefits..

In my situation, unfortunately, the cherry juice alone was unable to do the job.. I'm pretty sure I mentioned my Dx (once I was able to actually get one) back in the original threads, but in case I didn't and/or regardless for the sake of continuity / clarity it's a nasty little piece of work known as Polymyalgia Rheumatica -- an autoimmune disease that causes an inflammatory reaction affecting the lining of joints, especially the shoulders and hips, and sometimes the arteries and some major branches of the aorta.. (Oh gee, lucky me..)

For a disease that practically no one seems to know about (most likely because its name doesn't exactly roll off the tip of one's tongue,) it's the second-most common rheumatic disease after rheumatoid arthritis.. For those of us who run with the over-fifty crowd, population-based studies estimate about 59 out of 100,000 people will develop PMR in an one-year period (yay, I win..! Oh, wait...) and a lifetime risk of approx. 2%..

The good news: PMR is very treatable and "usually" resolves itself within three years of onset (highly variable..)

The bad news: The ONLY drug which is known to be a consistantly effective therapy is the corticosteroid prednisone (other drugs of the same family work too but less so -- and that's it..)

Y'all have no idea how badly I wish I could get by on the proper cherry juice alone.. But I can't.. Not yet, at least.. I've tried.. Still too soon after onset, I guess..

There is no doubt the prednisone works.. But it comes at a price, one that I'm quite certain I won't know in totality until long after I'm off it.. The known side effects (stomach bloat [in my case not the weight gain most experience as well] and volumous [but at least not stinky] gas) supurbly suck..! Still, at the moment I consider it a more-than-fair tradeoff, since I was mostly out of pain within five days and back to pre-onset level by two weeks..

Bottom line though is prednisone is a corticosteroid, and the sooner I'm able to wean off it the better..

Swamp

Edited by Swampstomper Al

Use dried tart cherries, tablespoon in my oatmeal every morning along with virgin coconut oil maple syrup pink salt. Pour the hot water over the mixture cover and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Sprouts carry all organic food i use. I feel like a thirty year old trapped in an a seventy year old body.

Eat no red meat, just fish once a week. Drink only good water, half teaspoon raw cider vinegar and molasses with one drop peppermint oil in eight oz glass. Never eat or drink out of plastic or aluminum unanodized ontainers, it slowly kills us.

9 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

Use dried tart cherries, tablespoon in my oatmeal every morning along with virgin coconut oil maple syrup pink salt. Pour the hot water over the mixture cover and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Sprouts carry all organic food i use. I feel like a thirty year old trapped in an a seventy year old body.

Eat no red meat, just fish once a week. Drink only good water, half teaspoon raw cider vinegar and molasses with one drop peppermint oil in eight oz glass. Never eat or drink out of plastic or aluminum unanodized ontainers, it slowly kills us.

Sounds like you definitely took charge of your health. Good on you!!  Thanks for sharing!