Nugget Shooter Forums

Happy Birthday Matt

Au Seeker

Thanks Grubstake! I know it's tough for you to get out these days so if'n you ever want a partner for a hunt down there for a half day trip to keep you company, I would be happy to come down that way. Hope all is well with you!

No, its not . In fact I have to go to the Va medical clinic tomarrow, because I have a really bad ear infection, can't wear my hearing aids, Been washing it out with peroxide, but I need some antbiotics. . Grubstake

G that ungodly strong peroxide just tears up your ears and kills skin(inner ear most delicate). Great doc(over 30 years ago) cured dredgers ear with 1/2 rubbing alcohol and 1/2 white vinegar-kills germs-ph is close to human and the mix dries readily. I've used over 30 years, gave bottles away for free in my store, and 1,000s have proven it works mighty fine be it dredgers, scuba divers or hearing aid wearers. That garbage sold in stores has GLYCERINE in it which does NOT evaporate and keeps your ears wet/moldy/infected. Doc to heal but after that just use the mix and you'll be a much happier miner-lots of luck with that stinkn' infection-John  PS-oops Matt forgot to wish you a fantastic day

Edited by Hoser John

1 hour ago, Hoser John said:

G that ungodly strong peroxide just tears up your ears and kills skin(inner ear most delicate). Great doc(over 30 years ago) cured dredgers ear with 1/2 rubbing alcohol and 1/2 white vinegar-kills germs-ph is close to human and the mix dries readily...

Same deal back home as a kid, HJ.. In the nineteen-si-hack-koff, 'scuse me, we had a pool life guard who was also one of the swim team coaches who'd run that same 50/50 mix through all of us on our way out of practice every Mon & Thur.. No one ever had swimmer's ear, which was very cool now that I look back on it for the first time in forever.. Pretty sure he used ethyl alcohol, not isopropyl, as they're both classified as rubbing alcohol and the ethyl evaporates more quickly (more likely to break the water molecules apart??).. He also kept a mixed bottle on hand at the main life guard station for general pool users who got water in their ear that wouldn't break free doing the tilt-head-and-pound thing, along with a bottle of straight-up 70% ethyl for particularly stubborn cases -- of which ya could get only once.. Past that if the mixture wouldn't work that's as far as he'd take it; you'd need to see a Dr.. Never saw one or the other not work, however..

And Happy Birthday, Matt.. :oregonian_winesmiley:

Swamp

Went to the Va clinic today, they gave me some antibiotics and ear drops, will be on it for 10 days, my hearing aids, the part that goes in your ear, is plastic, DR. said I'm allergic to the plastic, so, now I have to get some that are made from medical silicon. Grubstake

10 hours ago, grubstake said:

Matt, Right now, I couldn't hear it, if it was screeming in my face. Besides, I go no detectors . Grubstake

Well if you start feeling better and would like to get out, I am getting a sdc2300 for my son and you are welcome to use it or my 5000.