Nugget Shooter Forums

Quartzsite Gold

mn90403

Went out on a trip to Yuma for Thanksgiving.  About 4AM half way between San Diego and El Centro the 'not charging' warning came on.  I turned back to San Diego and the truck stopped running on the freeway near Miramar exit.  AAA towed me and a local repair shop had me going again with a new alternator by 9AM.  We didn't get any gold in Yuma that day or Thanksgiving but went on to Quartzsite Friday morning.  I got 3 nuggets there for 2.5g.

IMG_8236.JPG

• Like 9

Homefire,

You picked up on the REAL reason for the story.

When you are not charging ... don't ignore the gauges and warnings ... look on your smart phone and go to a repair shop before you stop.

I had another trip in Quartzsite when the fuel pump quit.  That one doesn't have a warning!

Mitchel

Nice gold.  I can see the different coloring in it than what I see at the LSD.

Real tough area to get a dummy light.  That route is one of the last in the country that says last service for 40 miles.

My break down kit has a alternator, starter, battery, and toolkit.  It's not the highways I don't want to break down on, it's some of these roads that finding a 4WD tow would be difficult or impossible.  What I lacked last week was the anti-theft key to lower my tire when I was prospecting, but different story.....

• Like 1

Yep, Chit Happens.   Seems like Every Thing your ready for never happens.  It's the other stuff that goes South.   Walked out of a spot 20 miles, Waited 6 hours for a Timing Belt., Had Everything needed to do the job.  NO Belt.  A long day outing ended up a two day outing.  LOL

Usually happens when your thinking  "Ahhhh Finally got this thing Dependable"...........

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chrisski said:

Nice gold.  I can see the different coloring in it than what I see at the LSD.

The larger nugget (1.7g) at the top has not been cleaned with CLR.  When I went over it it just screamed like a 22 shell I had just found a few feet away.  I didn't clean it because it was a sun baker!  There is dirt stain on the other side.

• Like 3

Great gold man....in spite of the break downs.

WTG!   :yesss:

Glad you were able to get some hunting in and score.

Tom H.

Dang Mitchel, I was going to head down to quartzite during Thanksgiving.  Things got busy, though.  I'll have to meet up with you sometime.  Got a GPZ recently ... so that makes us like brothers, right?  :brows:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...