Nugget Shooter Forums

A new GPZ 7000 Harness

DolanDave

Well, it looks like it should have rockets on it.   Maybe it propels you where you need to go :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Andyy said:

Well, it looks like it should have rockets on it.   Maybe it propels you where you need to go :)

:89: I think money would be better spent financing some gravity control propulsion researchers /physicists from  Martin  Marietta and Lockheed and get them  to work on the coils.

• Like 2

Is it possible that putting the 7000 powerpack in a fanny  pack  or daypack( hooked via coily umbilical to the swingythingy ) would help? It would change the CG, I'm sure  some adjustments would need to be made for that.. But it would take some weight off the swinger( arm) .  The 10Ah battpack can't be all that light...

I don't see it as an accessory...

10 hours ago, DolanDave said:

with the new 19" boat anchor, gonna need something...

I don't doubt the need for better designed harnesses to take the load off. I've swung my share of  weedwhackers/brush blades,in the past, and suffered elbow and forearm lumbago:olddude: because of it.

I recently got myself a GPZ.  First time out I hooked it up to my hip stick. (prev. from my GPX)    The GPZ snapped the belt loop piece it was so heavy.  :idunno:   Well, actually, I'm exaggerating.  While taking it on and off the belt, the belt loop broke.  Probably not due to the GPZ but still a strange coincidence :4chsmu1:  The sucker is freak'n heavy.  What can I say.

I understand that the coils can't get any lighter, but the battery could  be packed away in a daypack, couldn't it?  I'm surprised no one  has made this an aftermarket goodie...

Okay, I got it.  Helium balloons.....  As long as it's not a mylar balloon, it should work.  Although, high winds and possible nugget patch visibility could lead to potential problems.

....and then.  Wait for it.....

How about a backpack blower?  You could fashion a skid plate that acts as an 'upside down air hockey table' of sorts.  There would be a tube that connects the skid plate to the blower and a throttle cable could be mounted to the detector handle.  When you start to get fatigued, just bump the throttle and get some lift on the coil.  This patent pending design would also help in removing lighter materials and leaves, making for less digging.  Dust masks not included.

:4chsmu1:

Luke 

Edited by LukeJ
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Andyy said:

Cool Luke.  I'll expect a prototype to test the next time we meet up.  :yesss:

In order to make accurate measurements and to test proof of concept....   

I'll need to borrow your detector for a couple weeks.  :D

My schedule is fairly flexible, just let me know when you'd like to drop it off.

Luke

• Like 4