Nugget Shooter Forums

detectors

JOHNM

would like to buy a detector for gold hunting ONLY .  I have never used one b4.  do they make them so you can detect gold in rocks?  If i buy a begginer model are they easy to resell? thanks in advance  JOHNM

Best thing you can do is contact Bill Southern and I am sure he can answer you questions and help get you what ya need.

He can be reached thru the Nugget Shooter store here on Nuggetshooter.com

1 hour ago, JOHNM said:

would like to buy a detector for gold hunting ONLY .  I have never used one b4.  do they make them so you can detect gold in rocks?  If i buy a begginer model are they easy to resell? thanks in advance  JOHNM

1 hour ago, azdigger said:

Best thing you can do is contact Bill Southern and I am sure he can answer you questions and help get you what ya need.

He can be reached thru the Nugget Shooter store here on Nuggetshooter.com

John ,here's contact info for Bill Southen and a link to his store website.

Southwestern Gold Nugget Hunting information with the best prices on Metal Detectors like Minelab, Tesoro, Coiltek,and more located in Morristown, Arizona 623-910-0345

http://www.nuggetshooter.com/index.html

Beginner models will not have the ability to find small bits of gold in or not in matrix. You can find used gold detectors fairly low cost...the question is what do you want to pay to get started? Or you can can Bill he won't peddle any Bull!

fred

You'll never regret buying a gold bug 2.  its really amazing the tiny peices it will find which is exactly what you want  from a vlf.  if you purchase used youll have no trouble getting  your money back  out of it if you decide nugget shooting isnt for you.

For just gold, I would choose one of these.  In order with least cost first:

Gold Bug 2 -  Cost not bad, you'll get over it.

SDC 2300 - Money you pay starts to raise the eye of people you tell - "you paid what"  and "you get gold how small"

GPX 5000 - Cost coming down ... but you're going to need extra money for more coils.. many ... many coils ... there's always more coils to get

GPZ 7000 - For this cost, you have to sell your wife or girl friend (or both), the family dog, and you are now working in a prison camp to pay it off.  But hey, you turn the darn thing on and gold just jumps out of the ground and sticks to it.  ummmmm....  or not :)  Did I mention it just looks freak'n cool?

You forgot Option 1.5 ....    Whites GMT.   No wife or kids need to be Sold or Bartered.  Just takes a lot of Piss on it , I want one BAD.  I can skip meal twice a week.

• 7 months later...

I've got an OLD Tesoro Lobo.\ (At least a decade) All I have ever used it for is fining the mineralized soil in an area. Though I have found a few nails and collection of barbed wire. It has worked well for that.

But now my wife wants to travel and I might be moving to some areas that it is just not worthwhile to Gold Prospect.

I've never hunted population areas looking for relics etc... Will my Lobo Super track do me well for finding coins jewelry and such at beaches and old falling down buildings?

Also is there of list of hints somewhere on how to go about this. I am really a beginner to this.I always seem to be just looking at that boulder in a creek. :)

The Tesoro Lobo ST is a very capable detector and does well for nuggets for sure... For nuggets keep the sensitivity as high as you can without the detector becoming unstable and if you are swinging over a small target be careful because you can track it out. So if you hear a faint signal and then after a few swings it is gone, rebalance over a different spot and go back and you will hear it again.

7 hours ago, Joy Orton said:

Will my Lobo Super track do me well for finding coins jewelry and such at beaches and old falling down buildings?

The answer is yes it can be used for coin-jewelery and relic hunting-it has a discrimination control to knock out the junk-I found my first nugget with the old lobo-non auto track version :head: Mike C...:head:

Archived