Nugget Shooter Forums

Outing headcount....

Headcount  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How many coming to the fall shindig, please speak up!

• Just me (1)
    • Me and her (2)
    • Me and them (3)
    • The crew (4 or more)

Wouldn't miss it Bill.  Need to work on our stories for around the camp fire.

I ran it up the flagpole but my son hasn't saluted it yet, so I guess I'll be rollin' solo again. Suggestions/requests on what side dish I should bring are welcome!

Also, I was wondering if there will be folks setting up camp out there on Thursday afternoon. If so, I was thinking about coming out to set up my tent & canopy nearby, returning home, then returning late Friday afternoon with the rest of my stuff after work. I figure it would beat having to deal with possibly setting up camp in the dark, but I don't want to leave it out there all by itself overnight if nobody else is going to be around, either. No obligations or responsibilities to guard it - just a little more group campsite presence should be enough to deter potential tent banditos. Let me know if any of you will be up there Thursday - private message is fine. Thanks!

Lisa

On 11/6/2016 at 2:35 PM, Bill Southern said:

Hi Lisa, Tammy and I will be out there on Wed.

Thanks, Bill. I've got an appointment Wed. but I will bring the tent out and get it set up Thursday afternoon. Wish I didn't have to work on Friday at all, but hopefully only for an hour or two.

On 11/6/2016 at 5:20 PM, Mike Furness said:

Lisa ... unfortunately the grill meat thief and I will not be there this time. Will be back for the winter outing though! Have fun!

Mike, you and "Meat Ninja" Max will be missed. Good luck on your hunting trip - bring back lots of venison! (YUM!!) :thumbsupanim I miss deer hunting with my old Savage Arms .30 - .30 that's been sitting idle in it's case for 13 years, since I left Oregon. Stay safe & have a great time visiting with your bro. I'll expect a full report when you return. ;)

I'll be having plenty of fun just getting out of my apartment for a few days and nights... The walls are closing in on me. Of course if I find a little gold this weekend that would be awesome, too!

Lisa

Dodacious & I will be there...I was wondering if folks are bringing their huntin' buddies (dogs)?  Patch had a great time there a couple years ago...but I don't want to bring him if everyone is not too hot on that idea... Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Uncle Ron said:

Dodacious & I will be there...I was wondering if folks are bringing their huntin' buddies (dogs)?  Patch had a great time there a couple years ago...but I don't want to bring him if everyone is not too hot on that idea...

Lookin' forward to seeing you and Dodacious again. It's awesome to know you are recovering so well from your laser back surgery! Personally, I love dogs & I truly miss having my own well-trained canine companions. My opine probably ain't worth squat on the matter but, for what it's worth - maybe less than 2 cents... lol, (and as long as Patch is a good-natured pooch & doesn't bark all night) he'd be welcome to visit my camping site any time. :-D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Oregal1976 said:

I miss deer hunting with my old Savage Arms .30 - .30 that's been sitting idle in it's case for 13 years,

Lisa ... Just curious is your Savage a Model 99 lever action rifle ... I have two of those in .300Savage caliber. One was inherited from my father the other was a gift from my parents on my 14th Birthday. it is a great rifle and round for hunting in the brushy woods of Maine and New Hampshire. BTW ... Max just told me he will catch up with your grill this winter! LOL!

Mike F

On 11/9/2016 at 6:31 AM, Mike Furness said:

Lisa ... Just curious is your Savage a Model 99 lever action rifle ... I have two of those in .300Savage caliber. One was inherited from my father the other was a gift from my parents on my 14th Birthday. it is a great rifle and round for hunting in the brushy woods of Maine and New Hampshire. BTW ... Max just told me he will catch up with your grill this winter! LOL!

Hahaha! Hey Max, come-n-get-it!

My Savage is bolt action - don't recall the specific Model & can't dig it out to check it right now, but I'll try to remember to get back to you on that. I bought mine (used) at a gun show up in Oregon, complete with a "mediocre" scope. I took it out on opening day of black tail deer season up there. A couple of guys in our group ran a buck up my way, where I was hunkered down in a clump blackberry bushes by the dirt road. I heard it coming & I actually had to duck when that sucker jumped right over my head! Totally unexpected but if it wasn't for that damned scope & those vines, I could have easily bagged it in mid-air. But no.... he sprinted across the road & hopped a fence on the other side, then went right into the thick brush & trees. By the time I stood up and had any kind of shot at all, he disappeared. Pissed me off so bad, the first thing I did when I got home was yank off that scope. Lesson learned: Scopes are great for elk, white tails, etc., but in the super-dense growth where the elusive blacktails hang bed down in the daylight hours, they are completely worthless unless you happen to get one during the rut or an open area. I never put the scope back on it. I think I'm more accurate with open sights, with that particular rifle.

Maine and New Hampshire are among the handful of Northeastern states I've never visited. It's COLD UP THERE! LOL

Lisa

• Like 1