Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold master Coils

azdigger

I read some of the coils are concentric and some a DD. So the question is, is a GM3 coil DD or not.

It seems my GM2 coil is concentric so I would like to get a DD as I read it would be better for mineralized ground.

Thanks.

Whites makes both concentric and DD coils that work with GM2, VSAT, GM3, GM4 and GMT...I've also got the GM 6" coil which is a DD...Cheers, Unc  PS, here's a review I did on it.

Edited by Uncle Ron
  • Like 1

Very nice and informative review Ron, thanks for the link...read it all.

I am going to Gold Basin on Monday to see how it goes. Will see what the rain might have moved for me.

I know you're asking about DD coils but White's has new 6" concentric coil you might want to look at.

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/6-concentric-gmt-coil-micro-tireur/

DETAILS

Previously only available in Africa, this 6 inch “Micro Shooter” coil for White’s GMT has been made available for the general public as requested. It’s been called “The Patch-Killer,” “That French Coil,” or “I Can’t Pronounce the Name,” but tireur is French for shooter. If you are after every bit of gold in an area, this shooter coil belongs in your GMT’s arsenal.

Specially-tuned for mineralized ground, this nugget-sniping loop is a beast on small gold. Coupled with the GMT’s high 48kHz frequency, it’s highly sensitive to the smallest flakes of gold your machine can detect. The small profile makes it ideal for detecting in brush or rocky hill-sides, and with the small detection window you can more easily pick through tailing piles and areas with bits of iron from past mining operations.

SKU: 801-3250-1

$149.95

• Like 1

I read that report on the 6 inch round coil....now I got to think   (that hurts).

I will see how I do in the field and go from there.

I want to get back into hunting , so time will tell.

When I go out tomorrow I am going to also take my 705...when I hit a target I will try both machines and compare what I get.

Rick, if the coil says "GM3" it is a stretched concentric. Yes, DD coils cope with mineralized ground better than concentric coils, usually permitting significantly higher gain settings. With my old GM3 using the stock concentric coil the highest stable gain setting I could use here in the Mojave was 4; with the 10x6 DD I could usually double that. My favorite accessory DD is the 6x4 DD "Shooter." Hope this helps. HH Jim

• Like 1

Thanks much Jim , that info does help.

I am going to give the GM2 with the original coil aa go in Gold Basin in the morning.

We will see how it does.   will I get even more lead and tacs than before .

I was never very impressed with my 705.  It passed up so much gold that my gpx 5000 luckily came back and cleaned up later.  But good luck to you!!

I do good with the 705 on coins , have not had it out much in the gold fields.

I know I was impressed by how loud a sound I got from a .5g nugget with the GM2 and the 705 made a sound just not near as loud.

I am back from Gold Basin and if it gets any more sensitive I am not sure if I can handle it.....no gold but there is a lot less lead and nails and foil.

I think I got  to get another coil, where the cord goes into the coil if it moves at all it will cut out until cord is moved again.  Think I am going to look for a 4x6 DD coil.

1 hour ago, azdigger said:

I am back from Gold Basin and if it gets any more sensitive I am not sure if I can handle it.....no gold but there is a lot less lead and nails and foil.

I think I got  to get another coil, where the cord goes into the coil if it moves at all it will cut out until cord is moved again.  Think I am going to look for a 4x6 DD coil.

I just read on another site posted by a White's employee that White's is having a sale on all their coils until Thursday, this sale only applies if you purchase from their website.

"....  we're also having a sale on whiteselectronics.com right now - coupon code is "coil" good for 30% off ANY coil on our site until this Thursday.....".

So that's would make it about $105 instead of $149.95 for that 4X6 you're thinking about.

45 minutes ago, azdigger said:

Tried and it would not enter the coupon code.....price stayed same at 149.95

Did you continue on with the checkout?

I just tried to place an order to see what was happening and the discount didn't show up until I clicked on "Check Out"

1 minute ago, Au Seeker said:

Did you continue on with the checkout?

I just tried to see what was happening and the discount didn't show up until I clicked on "Check Out"

Yes, I had to continue on before it showed the 30% off.    Jim

23 minutes ago, SanDomingoJim said:

Yes, I had to continue on before it showed the 30% off.    Jim

43 minutes ago, SanDomingoJim said:

Thanks for the heads up on the coil discount just ordered one for my GM II     Jim

You're welcome Jim, thanks for the confirmation on the discount coupon code working,

• Like 1

I got to the point of shipping address and it said there is no shipping method available.........I think they lost a customer

5 minutes ago, azdigger said:

I got to the point of shipping address and it said there is no shipping method available.........I think they lost a customer

Yes I just tried again and got the same message, maybe Jim could tell us if he had the same problem?

You could contact them to solve the issue.

Contact the Factory Directly

Direct Line
1-541-367-6121
Toll-Free
1-800-547-6911