Nugget Shooter Forums

Selling gold

Grubstake has it right. If you've got nuggets put them up on the forums for the best prices. Most dealers aren't going over 80% due to refining costs for raw gold being higher than marked jewelry melt. That 80% is based on gold weight so for lower karat gold expect the gross weight won't be what you are paid for.

I haven't found a good buyer in Tucson Doug. Doesn't mean they don't exist but I never met one there. In Phoenix the Coin Gallery (43rd Av. and Dunlap) buys raw gold. They are polite, honest, speak English and will test on the spot and make you an offer. Not the best offer you will ever get but they are consistent and won't low ball you. For an attractive or large size nugget they will sometimes raise their offer price.

We've used Coin Gallery on and off for about 9 years. They've changed owners during that time but the service and pricing haven't changed. We know some private buyers that will often pay more but they aren't always available when the gold market is making big moves. Coin Gallery has been there no matter what the market conditions.

Looks like gold soon may accelerate its recent price dip.  Especially if the Fed bumps up the interest rate.  It may be a good time to sell at least a small fraction now to lock in some gain before a major slide begins.  It all depends on individual situations, but with Christmas coming, extra cash in the pocket would be nice.

I know a few folks belong to gold/ prospecting facebook/ social media pages, that sell gold raffles. They sell 10 raffles for around $10 each for a gram of gold, plus the winner has to pay for shipping. That gives you around $100 a gram, and they sell out fast.... thats around $2800 an ounce, not bad if you are into that !!!!

Dave

Edited by DolanDave

2 hours ago, DolanDave said:

I know a few folks belong to gold/ prospecting facebook/ social media pages, that sell gold raffles. They sell 10 raffles for around $10 each for a gram of gold, plus the winner has to pay for shipping. That gives you around $100 a gram, and they sell out fast.... thats around $2800 an ounce, not bad if you are into that !!!!

Dave

Dave do you have a link to this Facebook page, I'm having trouble finding it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...