Nugget Shooter Forums

Dinky dink

Hi All, well I went yesterday day beeping for a bit in the morning, but it got hot fast so I stayed close to home and worked a thrashed to death patch at LSD. About 30 minutes into it I got my first and only signal and proceeded to dig the smallest nugget I have ever pulled out of the ground with a 14 inch coil! Was using the GPZ 7000 and no BS this little guy was wedged in a small crack in the bedrock almost 2 inches deep and a good signal. This is one amazing detector I must admit.....

10-7-16.jpg

• Like 4

Bill looks like the 7000 is good at the small stuff for sure.  The nugget looks like it has some quartz mixed it with it.  Have you done a specific gravity test on it yet???

Ha ha, just messin with ya  my friend.

• Like 2

Wow Bill!
 Thats like GB2 stuff there :)
Nice detecting.
Tom H.

WTG, Bill... I've found them like that with my 4500 I got from you and a 14E mono Nuggetfinder but I have to move my coil at about a foot a week!... Cheers, Unc

Edited by Uncle Ron

Very cool seeing what that GPZ can pull up, Bill.  Can you run it quiet like the GPX5000 (low Rx) or do you just need to get used to extra noise.  Curious.  Thx!

4 minutes ago, Andyy said:

Very cool seeing what that GPZ can pull up, Bill.  Can you run it quiet like the GPX5000 (low Rx) or do you just need to get used to extra noise.  Curious.  Thx!

I run my Sensitivity (Rx) at the smoothest point by slowly turning it up until just starts to become unstable then back one for a smooth quiet machine. Often no higher than 5 is where I end up, to high and the 7000 is unstable and will miss deep targets large or small as a result. Always will be those that run full blast, but I have tested many faint targets before digging them with different settings on the 7000 as well as other Minelab PI detectors like the 5000 and the results will surprise folks when a target disappears with the Sensitivity/Gain set to where it is unstable.

Yes, I have taken your advice for a while now and tune the same way with my GPX5000.  This has worked well for me.  Good to know the GPZ *can* be run quiet, also, because I hear this complaint often.  Thank you for your guidance as always, Bill!

Andyy

• Like 1