Nugget Shooter Forums
ArcticDave

ArcticDave's Legal Eagle XL

9 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Dave on the subject of living dangerously. when I grew up It was the norm for us back in the 60's to 70"s to ride in the back window of our parents buick or olds waving at people going down the freeway. child seat? no such thing. I think all the kids where doing it back then.

AzNuggetBob

I have 4 brothers and 4 sisters, we would fight to decide who got to ride in the back window, then Dad would settle it by making us take turns!!

I also remember all of us riding in the back of the pickup truck sitting on the sides of the bed/fenders doing 75 to 80 MPH down the interstate, if that happen today my Dad would be in jail!!

Man kids today don't get to have real fun do they???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We rode in the back of pickups all the time. Everybody did it back then. My little brother and I rode in the back of my step dads pickup all the way from Florida to Oregon. He did have a shell over the back, but it was packed so full of stuff, we only had about the last two feet of bed. We were both pretty sore by the time we got to Oregon! :Just_Cuz_15:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

I have 4 brothers and 4 sisters, we would fight to decide who got to ride in the back window, then Dad would settle it by making us take turns!!

I also remember all of us riding in the back of the pickup truck sitting on the sides of the bed/fenders doing 75 to 80 MPH down the interstate, if that happen today my Dad would be in jail!!

Man kids today don't get to have real fun do they???

I was a bit smarter then to sit on the side rails at 75-80 Mph.  I sat on the tail gate !   LOL

Edited by homefire
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

We rode in the back of pickups all the time. Everybody did it back then. My little brother and I rode in the back of my step dads pickup all the way from Florida to Oregon. He did have a shell over the back, but it was packed so full of stuff, we only had about the last two feet of bed. We were both pretty sore by the time we got to Oregon! :Just_Cuz_15:

Yep,   I got recruited as a  Relief Driver and drove half way to Michigan from Tucson at age 11.  LOL,   Try getting away with that now days !

• Like 1

I bet you thought I forgot about this project! Lol...it has been a long time since my last post. 
My friend Jim over in NM donated some batteries for the cause. These are over a pound lighter than a normal battery of the same a/hr capacity. I'll make some bus bars today to hook the whole pack together. I have seen videos on youtube of 4 of these batteries starting cars, so they will supply plenty of juice for this engine, even if I run a total loss system. :)

The bottom picture is a size comparison between these cells and a standard 18650 lithium battery. Bow before your master puny weakling! :ROFL:

IMAG0619.jpg

IMAG0617.jpg

• Like 2

Schweet..! What do you need to charge them with, a sub-station..? :ROFL:

Swamp

• Haha 1

Actually the Working Voltages of these cells is as Close and as Safe as you get to Lead Acid Cells.   No Flaming Horror Stories involved with this type of Li Cell Chemistry.  Well each cell can produce something in the range of OVER 100Amps burst so any shorting situation brings Bad Ju Ju and Major Consequences.

Rated 8Ah they should perform  the task at hand and then some.   Crazy amount of energy in those dang things. 

Max Charge voltage on this type is 3.65v per cell.    Running 4 cells in series = 14.6 V...      Any Automotive battery charger putting out the same or a bit less would work just fine. 

The provided BMS ( Battery Management System )  will ensure the cells remain in a Balanced State of Charge within said limits.    Added Bonus, you now have a light weight portable Jump Starting Battery at hand. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_iron_phosphate_battery

• Like 3

Cigar box battery tray :idea:

It's just so funky...I may use it :cowboypistol:

IMAG0620.jpg

IMAG0621.jpg

Just don't smoke them   :ROFL:

• Haha 1

I could see that being mistaken for a home made IED.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmmmmm 1
  • wow 1

50 minutes ago, chrisski said:

I could see that being mistaken for a home made IED.

I know! :25r30wi:

Showed it to my gf and that was the first thing she said :laught16:

• Haha 2