Nugget Shooter Forums
ArcticDave

ArcticDave's Legal Eagle XL

Still trying to find the right Enclosure too.   I like this one .   The largest in the group    158x90x64mm   6.26x3.5x2.5 inches    I need 5 inches long for the display.  Everything else will fit within that stacked up.     What ya think ?  https://www.banggood.com/Waterproof-Plastic-Electronic-Box-Enclosure-Case-Cover-Various-Sizes-p-951180.html?rmmds=search

I like it. It looks perfect. It would be easy to mount to my panel too. :thumbsupanim

Here are a couple of pics. 

First one is the probe you sent in the CHT location. As you can see the lead extends quite far. 

The second pic is the probe in the EGT position. Still a lot to work with. 

I would use the entire length of probe wire and place the connectors right on the main spine of the harness. 

Third pic is a ruler pic for reference. 

IMAG0503.jpg

IMAG0504.jpg

1509380249980-98410251.jpg

OK, this is working out quit tidy I'm thinking, Eaa ?   So just Cut off Original Terminals replace with connectors.  Do I need to shorten the Ex Temp leads a few inches ?

Is the 15 inch run too long now? 

UpDate Schematic ECT Connector Location.png

• Like 1

I would leave the leads long I think. Put the head temp connectors back where the oil pressure circuit branches off(@ 11"). The exhaust temp connectors at around 13". The only thing out further would be the one wire for the distributor. 

Ok.    I can stagger the connectors EHT being the longer so they don't get bulky.   

From end of 11 run:

EHT  15"

ExT    13"

UpDate Schematic ECT Connector Location.png

Modified your drawing a bit. Took me awhile to figure out to do it!

I moved the oil pressure branch rearwards to the same location as the coil and drew in the connectors for the temps sensor leads.

What do you think? Mo betta?

airplane wiring diagram.png

Edited by ArcticDave
update diagram

1 hour ago, ArcticDave said:

Modified your drawing a bit. Took me awhile to figure out to do it!

I moved the oil pressure branch rearwards to the same location as the coil and drew in the connectors for the temps sensor leads.

What do you think? Mo betta?

airplane wiring diagram.png

So 11"

14" on Ex Temps

16" on CHT

Oil Brach same comes out with Coil.

???

16" measurement is the "as is" length of the probe itself. It applies to all probes. Idk if the new ones you ordered are different, but the one you sent over here, would be 16" by the time you clipped and added a connector.

On 10/29/2017 at 5:56 PM, homefire said:

...DUDE,  I'm struggling on this dang Program thing.   I get so board after a hour of looking at the crap I walk away.   Making Progress just Really not happy with my self on this one.   I should have been done by now...  

On 10/29/2017 at 8:51 PM, ArcticDave said:

...You have a lot of effort into figuring this thing out. Despite the components being off the shelf...it is still YOUR ingenuity and YOUR programming code to make it all work...

You took the thought right out of my head, Dave..

Besides the conversions and regardless the language, when it's something one hasn't been working with for weeks on end the memorization of "punctuation" isn't there, much less matching it with the original code still present.. That's where the time goes -- into double and triple check aligning one's work with the original.. After about an hour everything just blurs together..

When taking this into consideration I'd say Homie's making excellent progress.. We're all tougher on ourselves than actuality dictates.. Repeat the scenario for a month and it will go much faster.. Not gonna happen on the initial work-through though.. So don't be so tuff on yerselv, Homester -- yer doin' great..!

Swamp

• Like 4

CHT In 11 position you mean the Connector , Yea?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, homefire said:

CHT In 11 position you mean the Connector , Yea?

Yup!

Ok, Somethings not right.  We have  15" , 11" and 8 inches from fire wall.  Your engines not that long.

Just draw a line and give me the Measures  from Dash to Fire Wall to breakouts.  

44 minutes ago, Swampstomper Al said:

You took the thought right out of my head, Dave..

Besides the conversions and regardless the language, when it's something one hasn't been working with for weeks on end the memorization of "punctuation" isn't there, much less matching it with the original code still present.. That's where the time goes -- into double and triple check aligning one's work with the original.. After about an hour everything just blurs together..

When taking this into consideration I'd say Homie's making excellent progress.. We're all tougher on ourselves than actuality dictates.. Repeat the scenario for a month and it will go much faster.. Not gonna happen on the initial work-through though.. So don't be so tuff on yerselv, Homester -- yer doin' great..!

Swamp

LOL, I just know it should have been done by now.  And it's NOT. 

The 15" location is no longer needed. Maybe thats the confusion? 

Measuring from the junction box foward:

@8" = 1st breakout point on main harness. It includes coil and oil pressure wires. This needs to exit to the right(if your sitting in the seat)

@ 11" = Both CHT connectors. 

@ 14" = Both EGT connectors. Also the end of the harness.

The coil lead from coil to distributor should stick out about 6" from the end of the main harness. 

2 minutes ago, ArcticDave said:

The 15" location is no longer needed. Maybe thats the confusion? 

Measuring from the junction box foward:

@8" = 1st breakout point on main harness. It includes coil and oil pressure wires. This needs to exit to the right(if your sitting in the seat)

@ 11" = Both CHT connectors.    ****   OK,  17" long

@ 14" = Both EGT connectors. Also the end of the harness.  ***   OK ,  13" Long ??

The coil lead from coil to distributor should stick out about 6" from the end of the main harness. **

Ok, Just verify the EGT Numbers.   I did away with the Junction Box.  Going from Fire Wall 21? ??  to Dash.

Dash / FireWall   21"?

Fire Wall oil/tach 8"    (6" and 6")

On 11" to EGT / CHT    (EGT 13")   (CHT 16")

On 6" to Points.   (  6"  )

I didn't know you did away with the breakout box. I just made this pic but it assumes a box.

hang on and i'll make a new one

IMAG0506.jpg

Yea,  trying to get it all in the Display enclosure.   Going to Run all six wires and your Pos Battery .

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1

Updated version. Diamonds mark take off nodes Distance is from firewall now.

New wiring.jpg

and don't shorten any of the existing temp probe wires...they all need to be 16" for the above to work out right. :)

spotted a math error. last node should be @ 10" not 11" :inocent:

New wiring.jpg

Edited by ArcticDave

22   Fire Wall

4      Oil , Tach   6" each

7      Why bring out the CHT here ?

10    Points 6"..       EGT  13??    CHT 16??

10 minutes ago, homefire said:

22   Fire Wall

4      Oil , Tach   6" each

7      Why bring out the CHT here ?  Too offset the other end 3"

10    Points 6"..       EGT  13?? **(16")**   CHT 16"

see corrections above

Ok, so you want the CHT breaking out of the 7 at 16"long.

• Like 1