Nugget Shooter Forums

ArcticDave's Legal Eagle XL

Sonoran Dave

Aww, I thought I was going to get to ride in it when it was on the ground.  I was there Sunday and could of given it a test occupation ride.  James beat me out, oh well next time James will be in Alaska and I'll get to ride in it maybe with the wheels on it.  :4chsmu1:

Old Tom

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

James helping me figure out seat and rudder pedal locations. 

The fan and a speaker blasting airplane noises added to the realism :ROFL:

I must confess I had to take it for a spin too...

IMAG0256.jpg

Dang I didn't know you were building a flight simulator, all this time I thought you were building an aIrplane!!! :89:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Tom said:

Aww, I thought I was going to get to ride in it when it was on the ground.  I was there Sunday and could of given it a test occupation ride.  James beat me out, oh well next time James will be in Alaska and I'll get to ride in it maybe with the wheels on it.  :4chsmu1:

Old Tom

I have some old hand truck wheels we can put on it :brows:

1 hour ago, Au Seeker said:

Dang I didn't know you were building a flight simulator, all this time I thought you were building an aIrplane!!! :89:

:25r30wi:

• Like 1

Snappy !  You can wiggle your butt to get the blood moving too.  You going to have enough support to operate the peddles comfortably ?  I'm thinking that bar under your   thighs may grow teeth.  Some closed cell foam under the butt and over that bar would help.

You going to give it a Flame Paint Job ? 

HF

Edited by homefire

That bar already has teeth! Thankfully my feet are up high enough to remove most of the pressure off of it. I have a good thick closed cell foam yoga mat that i was going to insert in there on final installation. Should help me stay comfortable for an extended period...well at least until my bladder tells me its time to land:arrowheadsmiley:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, homefire said:

You going to give it a Flame Paint Job ? 

HF

I haven't decided. Black tubing with orange fabric is the favored choice at the moment. That has changed a few times...

Cream with red trim and tubing would look good, and so would a dark green fuselage and trim with off white wings and tailfeathers. Hopefully by the time I get that far, I will make a choice. 

Guess I didn't need to coax you on that one.  Going to be a fine flying machine when your done.  What type of fabric are you thinking of using for wings ?

HF

• Like 1

Dacron is the best I think.  Just need to keep it out of the sun when not in use.  Have you seen what CPS charges ?  LOL it was going to cost me $2000.00 to recover mine and I only paid $1500 for it.  https://www.cps-parts.com/catalog/rtxpages/cpscatalog.php

Aviation related sewing is expensive! I bet a fellow could earn a decent living recovering old Quicksilvers and like birds...

I'm happy to not have to deal with it at all. Glue, shrink, paint is all I have to do. It is still a lot of work, but all stuff I can do myself. 

Hey Dave, when I sat in that chair it had a steel frame, did you replace it with a Aluminum one? 

Old Tom

Yes at the time CPS offered Ready Made Wing and Tail feathers in a variety of colors and patterns.   I guess a Sail Maker  or Parachute makers would be the only people I would trust to sew up a set. LOL  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Tom said:

Hey Dave, when I sat in that chair it had a steel frame, did you replace it with a Aluminum one? 

Old Tom

Nope,  still steel.  I only used the back hoop and it weighed 3 lbs with the fabric attached. It'll be another 1-2 lbs heavier when I add that yoga mat insert. A store bought seat weighs 6 lbs for the ultralight version...so I'm right in the ballpark. 

Yep, Bearing is done deal.  Ball joint is giving me stick putting in a new one.  Going to buy a press I think.  Still have the other side to do so. Eaaaaaa