Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowkiller

Gold basin rights?

Hey everyone just thought I would share a couple gold basin finds. Both were buried about 6 to 8 in deep on a hill side patch. Just cut the flat one and it turned out pretty good. Enjoy.IMG_20160905_175314933.jpgIMG_20160905_175232914.jpgIMG_20160905_175459711.jpgIMG_20160905_175459711.jpg

CowKiller,

Man....those are nice.....all we have is gold in the Sierras..... :(  I got a nice piece of meteorite  from Shep that he found out there in the desert. 

Thanks for the post cowkiller. I will be at Gold Basin for the first time in November swinging my GB2. Hopefully I will be as successful as you! Great finds!

Nice finds, congrats!

Thanks for the comments guys.

Strapped good luck to you in November! I'm going to try and get back there after work slows down again.

Relichunter sounds like a terrible problem to have ?

Nice space rocks!   Others missed them..and you got em :) WTG!!
Yellow would have been nicer but what the heck.:yesss:

Tom H.

Well done dude !  That's about the depth I found mine at on a hillside slope. 

Out of curiosity, are the boundaries discernable as to where the go and no-go areas are in Gold Basin? I've guestimated about 20-25 miles north of Cyclopic is where the Federal Land starts and it's okay to hunt the strewn field there. But, wouldn't want to go to prison for 5 years for some bullcrap reason like just having a detector in my vehicle.

You can cross the fence line no problem as long as you don't have a metal detector with you; the land is not off limits to hiking.

I thought gold basin was like a patchwork of public lands mixed with private lands, so south of the "fence" still had to be sure you stay off the 40 acre or 160 acre private lands. I remember most private lands not being marked well or at all.

Also thought you could have but not use a metal detector.  Wanted to go to one of the landings by the water as sight seeing and did not know you couldn't bring a detector there.  No place for me to leave the detector outside rec lands without hours of driving or having  it unsecured. 

I'd need to do this side trip before detecting to avoid suspicion if stopped.