Nugget Shooter Forums

"YES," there is Gold in the desert TomH

LowPoint

I just bought a new Nugget Finder coil (Evolution) from Chris Gholson yesterday, and saw that the weather was to be fairly nice down in the desert today.  And nice it was, only got to about 73 deg. around 1pm ( mid-60's up till then).  I managed to pull this 1.13 gram nugget out of a wash just full of hot rocks and jumbled-up boulders.  It was down about 4" in decomposed bedrock, that was intern under a stack of jumbled rocks.  The coil runs very quietly normally(I was impressed), but the signal was loud, and without question.    

100_1991.JPG

100_1992.JPG

• Like 4

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :)
Congrats :yesss:

Was out today also...it was nice out.

Tom H.

Gary. Just a note. I am running the bigger EVO 13x17. It was super sensitive to EMI initially until I scrubbed the coil protector with a scotchbrite pad. 

I am really surprised at the depth and size of the small stuff it picks up. :)
Tom H.

26 minutes ago, TomH said:

Gary. Just a note. I am running the bigger EVO 13x17. It was super sensitive to EMI initially until I scrubbed the coil protector with a scotchbrite pad. 

I am really surprised at the depth and size of the small stuff it picks up. :)
Tom H.

I'll keep that coil protector-scrubb'n in mind should I have any EMI issues.  This the first that I have had this coil out, so I'm not sure just how small it will pick-up.  As long as the nugget has density, I would think that it would detect it.  Gary

Boot tacks at 8-10 inches....yup..big holes for small targets for me :)

GL to ya...its a good coil

Tom H.

Hello Rilichunter2016,...  I got the 14 x 9 Elliptical.  It's just Right with not to much weight-pressure on the arm to swing ( as I am almost 70 and no longer have arms like a gorilla).  I had it out briefly today at another spot, but only found a ball of buck shot that was about 3/16 in dia. at about 8" down.  The coil "purrs-along" stable and quiet normally, but the bird shot signal was pretty loud.  The nugget that I found yesterday was even louder.   

• Like 1

GDM/PV,

Thanks for the update on the coil, been hearing a lot about these Evo coils, just not ready to buy one yet. I am thinking the 12" Evo for my area will work out just fine. Stability and quite threshold has worked out for me to hear those small deep ones. I know some prefer it kranked up and don 't mind the chatter, but when your doing 4-5 hours a day..that noise can get to you.....:ROFL:Good Luck and hope you find more with your new coil.