Nugget Shooter Forums

Nome trip

Stevephillips

Spencer and I just returned from four months in Nome this year. This was our 24th summer up there. We had our red cabin moved to the property we bought and expanded our camp and now have four 20 ft containers to hold some of our stuff. We didn't have enough people at our ocean dredging camp or our inland camp. Of our four ocean dredges we only operated three and most of the summer only one was being used. Gold produced was only 70 ounces. We need more people.

The photos show a 41 ounce nugget my friend found up there a few years ago.

Tom and Kia Massie filmed a show on our dredge that will be on Gold Fever tv show.

Jimmie and Spence with two of our dredges.

Steve Phillips

205-672-9310

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Steve, thanks for the post!

What the story on the 41 oz nugget, was it found metal detecting, dredging, or commercial mining?

I didn't think the Gold Fever show was still being filmed/produced or have they started filming/producing the show again, what TV channel will it be aired on, the Outdoor Channel?

I saw you guys on one of their shows a while back.  There was a short snippet of you and your partner and the old days.  Is there another one coming out? 

70 ounces is quite the haul for what you ended up using.  I'd love to pitch in and help next year.. if I was younger.

"Of our four ocean dredges we only operated three and most of the summer only one was being used. Gold produced was only 70 ounces. We need more people."

What was the problem?   Not enough gold to attract people? Weather?

Not familiar with your operation.... Do you rent out the dredges for a percentage?

2 hours ago, Stevephillips said:

This year was a little better than break even...

Just goes to show ya never can tell.. With y'all setting up the new inland operation I didn't think there was any way possible for black ink this year.. Congrats are in order, from my POV at least..

Swamp