Nugget Shooter Forums

Well Yet Another Big American Nuggett was Found.

homefire

Don't beleave everything about this, Shock, is a con man, I used to work for his dad and he ran the thing at woods creek, he planted gold all the time to get news coverage. it was all phony. Grubstake

HYPOTHETICAL:   Building on the a last post,,,  : it's possible that someone( anyone) could 'accidentally' drop some very hot and melty Au on the ground or other  surface, lose it( again 'accidentally'), someone else comes along, finds what they think is a natural ,  "T-BOne Steak"     nugg..........

THen, a collector who's not that savvy, comes along and pays 3-5 times spot for the 'steak'.

The area/town gets mobbed with a new goldrush/business,which makes  "Gold Prospecting Adventures" very happy...just speculation

3 hours ago, homefire said:

Beef Prices are through the Roof but Common ?  That wouldn't even make a good Sammich.

I hear ya.. The one you posted a couple weeks ago, now that's a steak..! :4chsmu1:

Swamp

His Dad, Ralph Shock did the same thing, when he was alive, and they had the street=s torn up for new sewer lines, or water line, he planted some gold, caused a big surge in business for him, . PT Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute, and as far as Ralph Shock was concerned it was true. I worked for him for two months, back in the 90's. just long enough to see how crooked he was.  Grubstake

• 2 weeks later...

http://blog.gainesvillecoins.com/2016/09/17/18-oz-gold-nugget-discovered-in-california

I was not a skeptic before, but I ran into this article just now......SKEPTIC I am . Found in the park.a pay to mine by an employee sniping who had no cell phone to snap a shot of it when found. Hands the nugget to another person a hotel owner of all things to keep safe....hmmm ?? lol :brows:    and as Grubstake stated.....pop[s was a well know local business owner who was known for salting his mining camp......you may have a point Gary.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure it's worth $75k as a nugget but there's probably only 2-3 collectors in the world with the funds to pay that kinda money. Something is only worth what you can sell it for. Those big nuggets are awesome but they don't make you rich over night. 

On 9/7/2016 at 10:10 PM, grubstake said:

Don't beleave everything about this, Shock, is a con man, I used to work for his dad and he ran the thing at woods creek, he planted gold all the time to get news coverage. it was all phony. Grubstake

Hey Grubstake,

Seems like there was an old VHS tape I saw back in the '80's with Ralph Shock raving about a huge gold find and they had to go to a butcher shop to use his large scale to weigh all the pounds of gold nuggets.  Wish I still had that tape. I heard a lot of shady tales concerning his big promo.  :4chsmu1:

Yeh, its no bull. I have first hand knowledge of that, and also the big street gold rush, they had, it was all to get people to pay to pan, and he salted every pan, as a guide that worked for him, he had many shady deals, He was a used car salesman before he started his gold tour business. Grubstake

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2016 at 10:10 PM, grubstake said:

That's the take of all the locals around here...