Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelabs New Detector

DolanDave

I think the new detector being developed for the military with the new 6.7 million dollar contract, we will see a new gold machine soon based off this platform. If you read on this new detector it will looks like they might have one with built in ground penetrating radar, which would be awesome for seeing the bedrock contour under our feet. Check out that coil in the picture.  Im just scared of the price tag on something like this....

Minelab awarded 6.7m military contract link

Dave

Minelab military.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DolanDave said:

I think the new detector being developed for the military with the new 6.7 million dollar contract, we will see a new gold machine soon based off this platform. If you read on this new detector it will looks like they might have one with built in ground penetrating radar, which would be awesome for seeing the bedrock contour under our feet. Check out that coil in the picture.  Im just scared of the price tag on something like this....

Dave

Minelab military.jpg

If they do develop a gold detector using this technology, let's hope the price tag will be way less than $6.7 million!! :fl:

• Like 1

As soon as I decide to by the GPZ, this will come out.  That's just the way it works.      :89:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DolanDave said:

they might have one with built in ground penetrating radar,  Im just scared of the price tag on something like this....

Dave

I would imagine that would tax  a battery badly.  Maybe some new batt. tech , too, to handle the load

Edited by weaver hillbille

Looks like it might be light enough for me to handle but with my luck it probably would put me over a explosive mine. 

Old Tom

• Like 2

New detectors are always exciting but $6.7m seems awfully low (even $10m) to carry out this project. Its not a number that screams wow, considering the price of current ML units. Then again I'm no expert on government contracts, ground penetrating radar or metal detector technology development. Just know how to find the gold.

• Like 1