Nugget Shooter Forums

27 minutes ago, Shokmelt said:

I have three questions, Bill

1. How much do these permits cost if you live out of state?

2. Would there still be time to get one?

3. And would a nugget noob like myself be welcome on this digshin?

:Just_Cuz_06: Same price

yes

yes

Cheers, Bill

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im expecting some show and tell from you Andy  Tom H.  

Kudos, Bill, for making that clear for the folks who aren't familiar with the area! I made the mistake of taking the turnoff by Lake Pleasant on my way to my very first NS outing last Spring, ended up

Yes, an outing!!!

Posted Images

5 hours ago, azmartin said:

Bill do we need to register or?  Always wanted to attend one of the Nugget Shooter outings.

FYI,  for those that need the AZ State land permit, easy to get permit online and print right then.

Jeff

Jeff, no need to register, just bring a side dish, etc. for the common dinner at 4:30 Saturday, see Bill's post quoted below.

On 8/17/2016 at 7:17 PM, Bill Southern said:

It will be like the other outings before and we will supply the main course, Gonna talk Dave into frying a turkey and Tammy and I will do 2 roasts in the smoker one pork and one beef.

Everyone should bring a side dish to share and beer, pop, tea, coffee, paper plates, napkins, and the whole shebang....

Dinner is at 4:30 sharp on Saturday afternoon

On 10/4/2016 at 6:51 PM, shep said:

should be there on Thursday. A question, missed last year; are you still accepting donations for website? hint hint. See you all there. I am so ready!

Shep

Did you get your 4500 back .Time is getting close:D see you guys soon

Lon 

On 10/9/2016 at 8:22 AM, Bill Southern said:

:Just_Cuz_06: Same price

yes

yes

Cheers, Bill

I did mine online, but it took over 3 weeks to get in the mail! ... Cheers, Unc

Hi Guy's & Gals Are these camping permits good for 1 year from the date of purchase ??? Huntin license work anymore. Hi; Mr. Warden, I'am a huntin!! [Nugget Huntin], Metal Detector in hand pistol on hip. Question is do I feel lucky, Na, guess I'll get a permit.  :grr01::2mo5pow:

Hey ddog, just go online and apply for the permit with your credit card and print the permit by return email. 

Old Tom

Hello All,

I may be able to attend...Trying my hardest.  I will be spending a little part of the winter in the area.  As far as I have been able to research for permits and such.

AZ land trust permit is available online as previously discussed in this thread and costs ($15 for single person) or ($20 for family).  The permit is good for one year from the date of purchase and allows 14 days of camping along with ATV travel on established trails and roads.  This info is per two phone calls to AZ land trust.

As far as ATV use in Arizona, AZDOT allows out of state visitors to use their ATV's for one month without any special permitting or tag.  As long as the ATV is licensed in the individuals home state.

BLM in AZ allows out of staters to use their ATV without special permitting or tagging as long as the ATV is tagged in the individuals home state.

If I missed something or my information is incorrect, let us know.

MT Swinger

• Like 1

Hmmmmmmm I would get a copy of that and have it in your pocket Doc. the enforcement guys are OK and rare to have to deal with. When on a visit your own states rules apply here.

• Like 1

Well hell everyone else is asking questions.  So let me ask a few.

1.  Maps?  Never been there.

2.  Does it ask you for a date on the permit page, or location?  If so what do I put?

3.  It asks for the type of activity, but gold prospecting isn't one, so what do I put?

4. If you are from Out of State and have an out of state OHV decal do I still have to have one in Arizona?

Thanks!

Doc

8 hours ago, DOC said:

Well hell everyone else is asking questions.  So let me ask a few.

1.  Maps?  Never been there.

2.  Does it ask you for a date on the permit page, or location?  If so what do I put?

3.  It asks for the type of activity, but gold prospecting isn't one, so what do I put?

4. If you are from Out of State and have an out of state OHV decal do I still have to have one in Arizona?

Thanks!

Doc

OK since from out of town here is a map to Morristown AZ

nsmorristownmap.gif

The outing will be near Little San Domingo Wash at Jackass flats which is reached by turning on to Castle Hot Springs road and going North from HWY 74 at Morristown. Go till pavement ends then take first main gravel road to the Left and within 1/4 mile pass this sign across wash

lsdsign.jpg

We will be camped just past the wash on the flats.... No date on permit it is good for a year and you just want a recreational use pass for 15.00. You quad only needs be legal in your home state and no further permits required.

See you there Doc and call if you need more info.

• Like 2
On 10/3/2016 at 6:56 AM, Bill Southern said:

HWY 74 to Castle Hot Springs road in Morristown (not at Lake Pleasant)

Kudos, Bill, for making that clear for the folks who aren't familiar with the area! I made the mistake of taking the turnoff by Lake Pleasant on my way to my very first NS outing last Spring, ended up in the Hieroglyphic Mtns somewhere.... At night it looked a whole lot more like nowhere! By the time I backtracked & figured out I'd taken the wrong turn on the wrong end of that road and made it to Jackass Flats, it was damned near midnight! Now that I know my way around, turns out it's only 30 to 35 minutes from where I live!    :grr01:

For the newer members or those who've never attended a Nugget Shooters outing before or for those who are new to gold prospecting and/or nugget shooting... Come on out, relax, listen, learn & have a great time! I didn't know anyone and had only joined this forum a week or two before I went to the Spring outing. I didn't know diddly squat about nugget shooting in the desert environment but I wanted to learn. I'm kinda shy around strangers, but these folks made me feel welcome right from the git-go. I learned so much and I truly had a great time... I'm really looking forward to doing it again!

Lisa

• Like 3

Thank you so much for the directions.  Geesh been by there about 50 times.  I didn't realize that is where Morristown was.  Heck I would have dropped by to say hi.  Got my permit, ready to go.

Doc

• Like 2

We were planning on being out there Wed but had a doctor's app. yesterday and there was a cancer spot on my nose and they removed it but we can't go anywhere until I get further treatment, maybe we will see you fine people later this year! Doc & Micah

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Doc Parsons said:

We were planning on being out there Wed but had a doctor's app. yesterday and there was a cancer spot on my nose and they removed it but we can't go anywhere until I get further treatment, maybe we will see you fine people later this year! Doc & Micah

BUMMER!!!........Doc. least they got it off :) Dad and I deal with it all the time being out here in AZ most of our lives and no one knew what sunblock was back in the day.

Tom H.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Doc Parsons said:

Looking foward to seeing you 2 later this year be safe good luck with the Sawbones.

Edited by frank c
  • Like 1

Everything's loaded,got our camping permit today, leaving in the morning. About 710 miles from here, should pull in sometime Friday.

• Like 1