Nugget Shooter Forums

First Light Breakfast.

homefire

Luv them hummers. My folks were addicts with 4- 8 hole and a couple of 4 bys. Pops(RIP) used to stand between the feeders and they still came by the 1000s. Them golden Rufus are some rowdy little buggers as they only know 1 word-mine mine mine. Amazing mating ritual as zoom to a 100' or so and zip back and churp to honey pie to get'r'done. Thanx muxh as takes me back 17 years when folks were alive. 26 years of feeding in the same place kept some around all year and negated migration. John

Seems we have four types coming now.  The Anna, Rufus, Black Chin and Ruby Throat .  Going to go bust buying sugar.  Refilling the feeders five times a day.  Word must have gotten out.  Never had this many before. 

8 hours ago, homefire said:

Seems we have four types coming now.  The Anna, Rufus, Black Chin and Ruby Throat .  Going to go bust buying sugar.  Refilling the feeders five times a day.  Word must have gotten out.  Never had this many before. 

Quart size  feeders?

On 8/13/2016 at 6:38 AM, Hoser John said:

Amazing mating ritual as zoom to a 100' or so and zip back and churp to honey pie to get'r'done. 

Up HARD ,then they dive fast  and chirp at the bottom,repeat, repeat...?  Seen that, and also one where they're at max velocity on a less steep dive, from much farther away.  They pull out @ the bottom and there's a whistle sound, but I think it's just the fact that they're going so fast.  darn if it doens't take a few of those straffing runs to  be able to eyeball/pinpoint where the sound is coming from, let alone, be able to spot the streak as it passes.

According to science it is 100% impossible for a hummer to fly hahahaha it's called sheer will and tenacity and evolution ....cool critters with MUCH personality to go along with their antics-John:thumbsupanim

My main perch is on the end of the couch.  I get a charge when they come in the house and buzz me or just get in my face checking me out.  Fearless they are.