Nugget Shooter Forums

Yesterday's gold

It is nice to see a few new finds from the few that are braving the heat. The heat and thunderstorms noise have really made it tough but the 5000 keeps doing it's part. I managed to make it out yesterday evening with the 17" NF and dug three nuggets. The fist was a sunbaker and in the lower left of the picture. I went on to dig two more trash targets and bingo 2 1/2 gram nugget. This is a new wash for me with plenty of old trash so you can understand my excitement. I went on to dig many more targets before heading back to the quad. I decided to check an old patch to see what the rain had done but no luck in material movement.  I decided to detect anyway and too my surprise I found another target. All targets in this area are gold. It was a great time but after six hours I was exhausted and called it a day.

AJ

20160808_190839-480x853.jpg

• Like 9

SWEEEEET!!!!!:yesss:

Dang dood that is some nice gold.

Man I hear you on the heat/exhaustion thing. :)

Even in the upper Bradshaws it gets hard around 2:00

WTG on the nugs :yesss:

Tom H.

Very nice work, AJ.  Are you night hunter too, or a crispy day critter?  Just curious.  Not sure what area you hunt, but I'll bet it's over 100 degrees every day.

Shay...least you were going back up and not down the hill...........It was a bloody mess! 

Took me hour to get down the hill and thats after taking the sunset point shortcut to bypass 1 mile of it  But, I did get to look at a lot of nice 

geology on the way down that I usually dont see :)

Shut the motor off and just pushed the clutch in when I wanted to roll 10 feet. :2mo5pow:
Youl get it next time :)
Tom H. 

7 hours ago, TomH said:

Shay...least you were going back up and not down the hill...........It was a bloody mess! 

Took me hour to get down the hill and thats after taking the sunset point shortcut to bypass 1 mile of it  But, I did get to look at a lot of nice 

geology on the way down that I usually dont see :)

Shut the motor off and just pushed the clutch in when I wanted to roll 10 feet. :2mo5pow:
Youl get it next time :)
Tom H. 

Ewww..that sucks. Your right about the geology,detecting right off of I-17 doesn't sound like a bad idea. Could have been worse though, A10 blew a heater hose in Black Canyon City.

Nice nuggets. Getting ready to head to Prescott for a few days of cooler hunting. I should have stayed in Alaska until Sept lol

Thanks for the comments guys. I haven't been posting any stories or pics lately because the size of the pics. I finally got a photo resizing app and will share more. I do hunt at night when it is hot like this but I also take a lot of precautions. Night hunts are not cut out for everyone and is not my preferred method. I only tolerate it for the climate.

AJ

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rod said:

Nice nuggets. Getting ready to head to Prescott for a few days of cooler hunting. I should have stayed in Alaska until Sept lol

36 minutes ago, Rod said:

Thunderheads up there drive the PI wonky around 2 PM....sure is nice up till then though! :)
GL to ya.

Tom H.

36 minutes ago, TomH said:

Thunderheads up there drive the PI wonky around 2 PM....sure is nice up till then though! :)
GL to ya.

Tom H.

You're right Tom - it can get bad. A trick I learned a long time ago to somewhat combat that is to use a smaller coil and turn the threshold basically to silent It works good on the GP Extreme anyway :old:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rod said:

You're right Tom - it can get bad. A trick I learned a long time ago to somewhat combat that is to use a smaller coil and turn the threshold basically to silent It works good on the GP Extreme anyway :old:

Yup....I hear ya! :)

Or get the GB2 out and go looking for little skunk busters :yesss:
Tom H.

Edited by TomH